You can keep your hat on

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: You can keep your hat on
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #0
Actually, it's about Morrowind, which is also a huge open-ended single-player RPG.

Basically, it has better graphics but worse gameplay than SW games.

The journal is not that great. There's lots of text in it (with hyperlinks), but there's no quest log. Keys, quest items and gold just clutter your inventory.

Movement is realistically slow. To save money (and increase your Athletics skill), you'll probably run between towns early in the game, which taxes your stamina. If you run into a monster while you're fatigued, you're in trouble.

Combat is a clumsy clickfest. Not as fun as in pure shooters or in turn-based RPGs. Mana is a scarce resource.

Dialog with NPCs is fairly limited, although the books compensate this to a certain degree.

The topic's title was inspired by the fact that people complain if you walk around naked, but any item that you equip removes that effect. Even a ring will do - maybe they're all Great Rings granting invisibility? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards You can keep your hat on_files/tongue.gif)

Graphics - the landscapes and items are great; character models and animation less so. Unreal was about as good back in 1998.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
OMG, best title ever.

I'm curious, though- is there a naked, phallic object-wielding swordswoman graphic like there is in Avernum? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards You can keep your hat on_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #2
Well, there is halfnaked strippers.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
Alex - actually, for me, as a mage, early-game combat was a matter of reloading until I killed them really fast. ESPECIALLY against enemies with bows.
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #4
There are many, many people that agree that Morrowind is THE BEST GAME EVER. I am one of those people. Go to the Elder Scrolls message boards. There's about a million of us.

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Apprentice
Member # 3558
Profile #5
A great game but DEFINITELY not the best.It was too open-ended for me. Once you'd done the first few quests in Seyda Neen you were just abandoned. You then travel to Balmoral meet your blades boyo who tells you to go and basically get XP uh thanks. But the Houses are great (still havent got into Redoran yet)and I really love trying to play all the Guilds at once without making them annoyed IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards You can keep your hat on_files/biggrin.gif) . I've never actually got anywhere near completing it (in fact I havent even finished the first story mission) but its a game I keep coming back to. And the amount of plugins for it are staggering if not all of the best quality.

I want to know if its worth getting the add-ons (Tribuanl,Bloodmoon) for an occasional player who plays frantically for about a month and then gets frustrated IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards You can keep your hat on_files/rolleyes.gif) .
But it really is a masterpiece flawed but still a great work of art.
Now Deus Ex theres THE best game ever. Some of you will probably complain about 'shooters' and other crap but Deus Ex is the most fantastic,enjoyable gaming expeirence I've ever had. The sheer complexity of the plot is enough to propel it to No. 1 (sorry to invade the topic) Now back to our feature presentation....

--------------------
I r happiness!