Beta Testing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Beta Testing
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #0
I so said i would beta test Geneforge 2 on Windows a couple months ago... i thought i would be able to considering it WAS around my birthday... it woulda been my present from Spiderweb... But sure i miss the dang testing Signup!... NOT A SINGLE PERSON EVEN NOTIFIES ME BY EMAIL!!! Jeez... Some people can be so ignorant... FOOEY!!! STUPID PEOPLE!!! (Last line stated outta fustration!) FOOEY FOOEY FOOEY!!!!

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
I understand. Some people are so forgetful!!
Trust me, I know.

What were we talking about again?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #2
How were we to know that you weren't keeping an eye on Spiderweb's news page on their website?

Did you ask anyone to email you with beta testing news?

For all anyone here knew, you could have applied to be a beta tester and been quietly testing the game.

If you weren't checking Spiderweb's site regularly and didn't request that someone email you to let you know, it's hardly anyone else's fault that you missed out. Nobody here was being ignorant ... it's just that we're not mind readers.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #3
I think beta testing is alot harder work then most people think, if you do it properly.

But nevermind, you know better for the next time you want to beta test a game.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #4
That would be Blades of Avernum. Yeah!

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 3297
Profile #5
they deleted the proof that i asked.... no idea why but it's as annoying it comes!

--------------------
I am the swordsman that lets none escape! I am the blade the slices through stone plates! I am Kagurati!
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #6
I found the threads where you mentioned windows beta testing for GF2 - here, here and here. None of these threads had a request that someone let you know when the beta testing applications opened. Your totally irrelevant popcorn thread wasn't deleted, so I'm not sure why a thread that was relevant would be deleted ... but enough on that subject.

I'm genuinely sorry you missed out on something that clearly meant a lot to you.

But, if it meant that much to you, why on earth did you leave it to chance that someone might remember your request and let you know? A better way, and a suggestion for next time (if you can't keep an eye on the Spiderweb site yourself) would be to ask someone in particular to let you know. If that person says no, keep asking individuals until someone says yes. If you ask in a group situation, you run the risk of everyone thinking that someone else has told you and nobody taking the responsibility of emailing you with the news.

EDIT: tags

[ Friday, October 03, 2003 23:26: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00