If anyone cares…

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: If anyone cares…
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #25
Sorry if it was confusing, but while Spider is old I don't think it is dead. I was thinking of its importance compared to the toddler.

Today's fact is that Irony Central seems to be running on SunOS 5.7.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #26
there is no good place to put this, much less open another topic, but when misc died the death there were some questions still left unanswered in my "ask me anything" posthread.
ask me.
so here are the answers.
Ili: statistics.
Lord of MisSpell: that is not a question.
Lady J: I am King President of the Moon, the ancestral retreat of the Kennedys. JFK, RFK, JFK Jr, and all the rest are here.
I dont mind it verry mush.

ExMag14: they aren't, you are just being difficult. or everone else is. or something.

Now, for sis's sake do not ask questions here. if you want a askmeanythingthread again, PM me.

and do not misuse the link to misc.

)This post brought to you by the sun. burn baby burn.

[ Saturday, September 27, 2003 10:40: Message edited by: Death, the Anti-Drug ]

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #27
On weekends, the boards are a lot quieter.
The posts made on sundays are more polite than most of the others.
Thank you for reading.

[ Sunday, September 28, 2003 08:44: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #28
Exile III : Ruined World is the only game made by Jeff for Linux. It is to be noted that when he says that 1/3 of his customer are on mac and 2/3 on pc, he might have difficulties for determining on which hardware his customers have installed Linux.

I would like to thank him for developping E3 for this plateform has only a few shareware developper does it.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #29
thank you sis for coming up with consistently (see, I can spell when I want to) interesting facts from these boards.

if I was a pc game developer, i would probably develop the game on linux (for crashes) and then port it to windoze.

the latest member is hammurappi, and alternate spelling to hammurabbi, king of babylon and first proponent (or so) of a written law code.

)this post brought to you by jury duty. (the reason I am off today)

--------------------

That's treason.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
Jeff did not port E3 to Linux. Someone else did. For free, as a favor to fellow Linux users, I believe.

—Alorael, who doesn't think Jeff gets enough Linux customers for them to make any difference in the rough figures.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #31
Boutell. A total incompetent.

When the Windows port runs better than the Linux port on Linux, you know something's wrong.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #32
Aujourd'hui, je souhaite signaler que le Français est la seule langue autre que l'Anglais autorisée sur ces forums. Ainsi, les membres qui postent en Quenya, ou en Finnois, même si cela n'est pas arrivé depuis longtemps, enfreignent les règles de Drakey.

Je remercie Drakey pour nous permettre d'utiliser le language que l'on veut dans les PM.

Note : E3 is the only game made by Jeff advertised on spiderweb website available for Linux. He also give reg code for it, I wasn't sure how to call it (supporting or developping). As I had the same kind of comprehension problem with Spider, I will try to post will fully awaken.

[ Monday, September 29, 2003 22:51: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #33
Today's fact is that The Pennsylvania State University has a page about BoE. Althought it is a personnal page, I thought it was interesting.

I would like to thank Void Master for having done this page but it seems he left some time ago (I just remarked it IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards If anyone cares…2_files/frown.gif) ).

[ Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:59: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
Void Master, better known as Brett Bixler, is just quiet. In fact, he posted today.

—Alorael, who must admit that he does not like Brett's site as much as he likes Brett's scenarios. Not that this is a criticism of the site.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #35
I adress my sincere apologies to Void Master for using his name to know if this thread was still read.

Today's fact is that at the bottom of Spiderweb pages, Geneforge 2 is not listed as copyrighted by Jeff Vogel, nor trademarks of Spiderweb Software, Inc. BoA isn't listed but isn't available at all.

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 09:08: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #36
Fact of the day : avernum.com and spiderweb's official site have the same pages about BoA except that the first seems to lack a link to access them. It is useless but you can see it here .

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #37
Fact of the day : the opposing week was a good idea. During a week members who posted in the topic where supposed to act like if they were the opposite of what they were.

[ Sunday, October 05, 2003 04:00: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #38
Please use 'Edit'. Don't wilfully triple post. Thank you. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards If anyone cares…2_files/rolleyes.gif)
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #39
Damn, you got 2 double posts and a triple post all on this one page. Not good man.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #40
Please let the moderators do their jobs, X and Stranger. We're letting this pass for now.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #41
Indeed, this is the one time where multiposting seems appropriate. If he just edited a single post, the topic wouldn't get bumped to the top and would eventually die. I, for one, would resent this occurence, as the "fun facts" provided are rather amusing and interesting.

Keep it up SIS!

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #42
What Drakey said.

Look at the post date - posts spaced a day apart with new information hardly count as the sort of spammy double posting that we don't want.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #43
The hint "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" is from the Ancient Rome wrestling rule "No eye gouging.". Taking someone's eye got you disqualified. You can think of it as Jeff's way to tell us to moderate the time we spend in front of our computers(it is the best explanation I found, feel free to post your own).

Note : I saw Drakefyre's post and thought about posting something similar to what Motrax posted, but I went to sleep and now I see my point has been made.
Thank you for letting me do it and particularly many thanks to SMoE for his positive feedback.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #44
Actually, I think Jeff just put that in with the hints because it's the kind of good advice your mother may have given you over and over and over. Putting that in with tips about intelligence and spell use fits his sense of humor.

—Alorael, who also supposes it could be a reference to Cathrac's Eye, although the game is still fun after you lose it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
It's traditional to put a few non sequitur tips of the day in. Warcraft had odd tips as well ("Never pet a burning dog"), and I can't swear to it but I'm pretty sure even Microsoft Word had a couple.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #46
Yup. I seem to remember 'don't spit into the wind' on MS Word 98...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #47
Fact of the day : Rhapsody in Blue, Drakey's scenario, will be played by almost every BoE users if it ever comes out.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #48
english and french may be the official languages of the boards, but don't be surprised to see scandinavian (I still cant remember which) or german. I had a really good pun in spanish and german, but I cannot remember it now.

)This post brought to you by Finland: the country where I most want to be.

edit: Finnish. it helps to read the message you reply to before you reply to it, I guess.

[ Monday, October 06, 2003 12:47: Message edited by: @$$ ]

--------------------

That's treason.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by So Incredibly Sad:

Fact of the day : Rhapsody in Blue, Drakey's scenario, will be played by almost every BoE users if it ever comes out.
That should read BoA. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards If anyone cares…2_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages