.MOD - .MP3 Conversion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: .MOD - .MP3 Conversion
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #0
Could anyone give me some pointers as to how to convert a .MOD sound file to an .MP3, .MID, or .WAV sound file on a Mac?

--------------------
Sharka, a two-ton white rhino, got amorous with Dave Alsop's car when he stopped with three friends to take pictures of the animal mating with his partner Trixie at the West Midland Safari Park.
—CNN's website, 4/22/04
Note the value of commas. Try reading the sentence out loud.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #1
Open an MP3 file in FileTyper (or something similar) and see what the code things are.
Open your MOD file and change the codes to the MP3 ones.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
I think that'll just generate some odd error.

Try looking on versiontracker.com searching for "mod mp3 converter" or something. In fact, try any program that can open MODs - it might be able to change the format.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Are there any programs that open mods on a PC?

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #4
On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know how I can convert vinyl records to .mp3 or even straight to .cda, since I have a feeling our record player's going to break down soon and some of the records I'd like to keep.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #5
There is a way to connect your record player into your computer and have iTunes (or Windows Media Player) convert it. I'm not entirely sure how its down though.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #6
My Dad fixed our computer up to transfer all his vinyl to CD. I'll ask him how he did it and get back to you when he's awake.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I used Final Vinyl for that conversion.

To convert MODs, I just played them loudly and recorded them in another program and saved them as MP3s.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #8
That's a bit of a hassle. Any real sound editor which opens mod files will be able to save in another format.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #9
My dad had a program called UltraRecorder which records from a connected vinyl or cassette player. Then you can use iTunes to convert to mp3.
I'm also pretty sure iTunes does .mod -> .mp3 as well as other formats like .aif and audio cd tracks...

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!