Studipity

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Studipity
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #25
Now what would be nice is a wind power electric generator which ran partially off it's own power. If fly-wheels were used, so that it did power itself constantly, only part of the power it produced would need to be used to turn itself, and the rest could be siphoned (sp?) off for general use.

--------------------
Sharka, a two-ton white rhino, got amorous with Dave Alsop's car when he stopped with three friends to take pictures of the animal mating with his partner Trixie at the West Midland Safari Park.
—CNN's website, 4/22/04
Note the value of commas. Try reading the sentence out loud.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #26
^ Hope no-one's trying to patebt a perpetual motion machine here...

Smoking is especially bad for your health in an all-O2 environment, anotherreason we should be grateful to nitrogen.

And I take it you geniuses all noticed this poll was a parody of the one on the 'Intelligence' threads, so replies as well as questions here have comedy value...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by The Robin:

Now what would be nice is a wind power electric generator which ran partially off it's own power. If fly-wheels were used, so that it did power itself constantly, only part of the power it produced would need to be used to turn itself, and the rest could be siphoned (sp?) off for general use.
As a general rule, efficiency falls enough when you implement this sort of scheme to make it non-worthwhile.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #28
I understand transparent solar panels have been produced and are being perfected. So it's not too too far-fetched to someday have a lightbulb that could reclaim some of the power it expends.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
Yes, but not more than it uses up.

But I hope that was obvious. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Studipity (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #30
This link fits in fairly well in this thread:
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~antares/lemmings/lemmings.html
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by The Sagacious stranger:

[b]
quote:
Originally written by Ford Pervect:

I worded the first question wrong.
That's not the only one. [quote]
so I guess I score about 65% on making an intelligence testing poll.

Um...no, you failed to new hights.[/b][/quote]Thank you Stranger, it is nice to see that I am not alone.

The transparent solar panel is really quite funny.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Shaper
Member # 2350
Profile #32
Justin Og, a IQ isn't expressed in %, and besides, this poll isn't accurate enough at all to test someone's IQ.

About the last question: What is "ints"? I didn't found it in the dictionary, but it's propably a abrevition? And there are hundreds of theorie's about the universe.
That it's expands, that it shrinks, that the speed of the expanding double's every second, that the growing universe will overcome the gravity, etc…
The quantity of choices does not depend.

[ Thursday, August 21, 2003 01:57: Message edited by: Ghost ]

--------------------
Steal things in the sight of the guards without getting caught
Get to the other half of the Blackrag fortress
Get into Erika's Private Chambers
Joining the Anama wihtout losing Mage Spells
Two ways to make money quickly and easily

"Storm, earth and fire, heed my call!"
Posts: 2286 | Registered: Thursday, December 12 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Ghost:

stranger, an IQ isn't expressed in %, and besides, this poll isn't accurate enough at all to test someone's IQ.
WTH

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #34
How does the total heat of the universe increase??? Entropic actions should only increase the disorder of heat, not actually increase the amount of energy present. I wish I could redo the test, though since I was just guessing on all of them.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
Just FYI, a phrase like "the amount of heat" will set a physicist's teeth on edge. "Heat" is not a quantity; the word "heating" is used only to describe the transfer of thermal energy from one body to another.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #36
So what do you call the actual level of vibrational energy?

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #37
what is the cosmic background radiation decribed as?

does the universe have a body? (supposed to be funny, wink wink)

I did not mean for the iq question to be a percentage. (oh, I see, you mean when I said that I gave myself 65% for the poll. I was saying that the poll was somewhat flawed)
if you say sky ints it sounds somewhat like science (sci ence) mispronounced.

Keep: that was the point: what is your best guess. none of the questions were worded to be able to answered completely correctly. and temperature.

--------------------

That's treason.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Keep:

So what do you call the actual level of vibrational energy?
Thermal energy; although thermal energy includes rotational and translational kinetic energy in addition to vibrational kinetic and potential energy.

quote:
Originally written by Justin Og:

I did not mean for the iq question to be a percentage. (oh, I see, you mean when I said that I gave myself 65% for the poll. I was saying that the poll was somewhat flawed)
It could be argued that the correct answe to "I don't queue" is in fact 800, since that's the answer that isn't a reasonable IQ score.

... Okay, I'll stop picking at the poll now. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Studipity (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #39
Ok. the secret is finally out: ALL THE ANSWERS WERE CORRECT. Thats right, there are no wrong answers. You ALL got an A++.

The questions were just all wrong. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Studipity (2)_files/frown.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Studipity (2)_files/eek.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Studipity (2)_files/tongue.gif)

[ Monday, August 25, 2003 07:20: Message edited by: Justin Og ]

--------------------

That's treason.

Pages