Run for your life, it's a poll!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Run for your life, it's a poll!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #25
Yeah, but you've got to remember that only handful of the rural people in the US are intellegant people. Some are inbred. Others are White Power nuts. And the rest are just idiots.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #26
"Lone Flame" I can see why.
Quick to burn.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #27
Heh

Anyway, I take offense at your description of the groups that support Bush, partially because I am neither a redneck, rich, nor an idiot. I say "partially", not "mostly", because I don't care much about personal insults. Well, not when they are put like that, anyway. But really, what if I said somethign to the effect that the only supporters of a Democratic president were either too stoned to know what they are doing, getting sexual favors, or communists/anarchists? Actually, now that I remember where I am, maybe that wouldn't offend you too much, since I put that last part it... anyway, please use that thing in your skull before saying dumb things like that.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #28
quote:
Yeah, such as backwards rednecks, rich people, and idiots.
Those are examples. And thus don't include every Bush supporter.

quote:
But really, what if I said somethign to the effect that the only supporters of a Democratic president were either too stoned to know what they are doing, getting sexual favors, or communists/anarchists?
Actually, anyone who votes for the Democrats is about as bad as someone voting Republican. Basically both parties suck, as do their people in power.

quote:
anyway, please use that thing in your skull before saying dumb things like that.
Let me think about that one for a second... How bout "no"?
Infiltrator
Member # 463
Profile #29
quote:
But really, what if I said somethign to the effect that the only supporters of a Democratic president were either too stoned to know what they are doing, getting sexual favors, or communists/anarchists?
It is often supporting the lesser of two evils. Democrats and Republicans are both leaning on the ideological fence, they are just on opposite sides. I classify myself as a liberal, but I support Democrats because I would rather have them instead of Republicans.

--------------------
Let the soul trading begin.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #30
So who'd you vote for, Nader?

Sorry, just had to say that... for some reason...

Anyway, I suppose you're right... I guess I'm the same way, except that I'm not old enough to vote and I'll probably vote Republican. Unfortunately there's no big powerful moderate group, so...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #31
Anyone here want me to run for president?
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #32
I would if I was a U.S citizen(sp?). I bet Bush is the most stupid president ever elected in the U.S. I think Lone Flame could do better than him. Yesterday I saw him justify the war with Irak refering to his inelligence about the Irak situation as "darn good", gesss...that guy is a joke. I bet that justifies everything. Now I can sleep confortably knowing that a mad man like him is ruling the most powerfull country in the world.

[ Wednesday, July 16, 2003 13:57: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Bush isn't as stupid as he sometimes sounds when talking. On the other hand, his judgement surrounding the intelligence issues makes me question whether he really is even average in intelligence. Brushing off the issue is not appropriate. Then again, neither was saying "Bring it on!" to the Iraqis who are still fighting.

—Alorael, who would say that the Democrats are a good moderate party right now. No uncomfortable extreme decisions from them right now. In fact, it looks like they're making no decisions at all.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 463
Profile #34
Bush's intelligence isn't what truly pisses me off. We have had stupid presidents before and we can live with them. What rattles my cage is the Administration's active policy of concealing information or warping innocuous intelligence information into threatening dangers. They have been doing this since 9/11 whether it is information on the number of people held indefinitely without charge, the secret trials, or the "secret" evidence that only the AG has access to. The most recent occurence is about Iraq. The man seems determined to lie about anything to distract the public from the horrible job he is doing.

edit: No, I didn't vote for Nader, probably because I was 15 at the time. I would have though.

[ Wednesday, July 16, 2003 18:46: Message edited by: Willow ]

--------------------
Let the soul trading begin.

Pages