How to get to Desperance

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How to get to Desperance
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #0
I was just wondering how to get ot Desperence. I typed in "Desperance.Net" and I got no results. And don't worry, I'm not going to post.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #1
Well it is linked to in half of Spiderwebs' sigs...

...But you didn't hear that from me.

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #2
desperance.net

it's not that hard you know.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #3
In case you're still confused, the problem is that you can't spell desperance.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #4
OMG WTF!!!11!!! i wihs i wuz as k00l as u pplz adn i cu0ld make fun fo johny like yall!!!!!11!

http://www.desperance.net/

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Settle down, Poncho; they aren't making fun of him.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #6
Thank you SirDavid.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Expanding Man:

Settle down, Poncho; they aren't making fun of him.
quote:
Originally written by Plain Old Wise Man:

It's not that hard, you know.
quote:
Originally written by Omelette:

In case you're still confused, the problem is that you can't spell desperance.
Riiight, just being helpful little people, and pointing a typo out in the nicest possible way.

No problem, Johnny.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Stop playing the martyr and learn to accept some sarcasm, for chrissakes.

--------------------

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #9
WTH... first of all, that post doesn't even resemble the cry of a martyr, second, I was defending Johnny, not making myself seem like a martyr.

Ohhh wait, you thought I was talking about the "Settle down Poncho" part of your post. I wasn't. I was talking about the "They weren't making fun of him" part, and proving it wrong. Anyway, this topic has served its purpose, so METALOCK.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #10
Metalock because you think you've had the last word? When you haven't even made a good point or attempted to comprehend the logic behind anyone's posts but your own?

1) VWM's posts was perfectly reasonable.
2) The reason I posted what I did was that there was nothing indicating that VWM had spelt desperance differently to Johnny, and thus every chance that Johnny would go type it in with his own spelling and complain that it still didn't work.
3) You then flamed.
4) TM then made a post that is completely at odds with the mental image you seem to have of him as a flame-happy maniac, and tried to calm things down.
5) The only point of your next post appears to have been to misspell my name.
6) Trying to get yourself yelled at and complaining when you fail is what TM is talking about when he says martyr. It may not be the exact meaning of the word, but I can't think of a more appropriate one.

May Frith consume you forever, and Inlé be your resting place.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #11
*applauds Omlette*

Sir David has a habit of superimposing hostility onto anything and everything so he has something to be outraged by.

Sort of like those wonderful people who install themselves as newbie champions and thus stick their nose in and defend people who honestly don't need defending.

Everyone on this board needs to push the intensity and investment down like five notches. The politics are worse now than they were in the bad old days of Desperance vs. Polaris (which I like to call "the manufactured conflict created by a bunch of self-important buffoons who had to create an enemy just to get anyone to pay attention to them"), because they're now personal. Person-to-person hatred and conflict.

In a way, that's better than judging twenty-some people based off a web site they share in common, but it still sucks. It's not just SW, though. It seems to be epidemic in online communities, especially game-related ones, especially game-related ones with "misc" or "general" boards. People become convinced that things are much more important than they actually are, and that who's moderator or who's administrator in a goddamn online message board really matters two bits when it comes to the real world.

What makes it even more sad is that not only is it a stupid message board, it's a stupid message board run by a game company for discussion of computer games. It's not important, it doesn't matter, and stop freaking taking it so seriously!

I'm not criticizing the Internet or saying relationships online are meaningless. My best friend is someone I know over the Internet; I count the vast majority of the members of Desperance as my friends. (I've never really talked much to Yellow Dart, though, so he's the exception. He seems cool enough.) But there's no reason to hold some sort of insane angry grudge against anyone on the Internet, much less become convinced that everyone's out to get you (TGM!) and it's all some eternal political war that you need allies in (David!).

So simmer down, all of you. For the good of us all.
Warrior
Member # 1892
Profile #12
*Sings spoof* "Can ya tell me how ta get, how to get to desperance street..." IMAGE(How to get to Desperance_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Share this Dragon
If you do,
Then Lucky End
For them and You
-----------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
—Alorael, whose addiction is going strong. The nice thing about liquid skribbane extract is that it's far more concentrated. It only takes a few gallons to get his fix, whereas chewing leaves would take forever. Literally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall under the shadow
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #13
Exactly. No need to take it seriously. Besides I know that, deep inside, we all enjoy flame wars. And I know many people just create "misc." or "general" topics in an effort to see a good old flame war start over....or else it would get quite dull over time, right? IMAGE(How to get to Desperance_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #14
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Omlette. Also, I said metalock because this topic has more than served its purpose; Johnny wanted to know how to get there, and he now knows.

Oh, and Johnny isn't a newbie, so whoever said something about "champion of the newbies".... just making sure you're aware of that. Which you probably are. I just don't remember who said that.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #15
Please don't respond if you don't even understand what you read or who said it.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #16
Thanks for the useless suggestion. Seriously, just let it die. This topic is useless. We don't need a flame war, nor does Johnny need the information, so someone, please just lock it.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #17
All present, how many people think that it's a useless suggestion to actually correctly read and comprehend posts before replying to them? Hm? Anyone other than Sir David?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #18
i agree with you, but the question WAS answered.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #19
Saying that this topic exists to tell people how to get to Desp is saying that Abe fought the Civil War to end slavery. Kid, you need to learn to simmer down. Not everyone is persecuting you, so do us all a favor and take a chill pill the size of a phonebook.

(And on the post earlier, if my rhetoric clashed with yours, then replace "martyr" with "victim" or whichsoever term you damn well deem appropriate.)

--------------------