Supposing...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Supposing...
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #0
I think I have a working version of the BoE source code. Now, how can I turn that source code into a BoE application? What program do I use?

Sorry if this looks like a foolish question. I'm very unfamiliar with coding utilities in general; my furthest experience is with Avernumscript, in Wordpad. So if the program's name has appeared previously in the discussion on these forums, I probably didn't recognize it for what it was.

--------------------
It's just trying to say hi!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not quite sure, but I'd skim through these two topics.

--------------------
set_name(1,"Excalibur");
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #2
You need a compiler. There is a free one for Windows called Dev C++ that would work.

You'll also need to set up project settings, though. I can't help you with that since I don't have Dev C++ or any other Windows-based compiler.

(If you were using a Mac, it would be another story...)

There are versions where this already has been done, by the way. With some minor improvements, too.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Why in the world are those links not in the forum header?

Edit: For some reason I thought Excalibur was linking to the downloads for the Win32 version and Khoth's version. Why the hell aren't THOSE in the forum header? :P

[ Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:29: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
Okay. I can now compile programs and run them. I'm still running into problems, but I should be able to solve them now.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
Actually, I changed my mind. If someone could help me more, I'd appreciate it. For Avernumscript, there's a list of all calls, divided into different sections depending on the nature of the call used, known as the Docs. Is there a compilation of calls for C++ as well? Where can it be found?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #6
No, because there is no fixed set of calls for C++. You want to look for library reference – since you use Windows, you could take a look at MSDN. You'll want to look at the Win32 calls, although I think BoE uses Win16, so if those are there they may be more helpful.

Keep in mind that if you're not using MS Visual Studio, some of the information presented there may not be 100% correct.