Can't install custom scenarios

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't install custom scenarios
Apprentice
Member # 12472
Profile #0
Hi all.

I've downloades some custom BOE scenarios from here: http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/blades/scen_stuff/solid.html, and pre-compiled BOE from here: http://code.google.com/p/blades-of-exile/downloads/list

Then I unzip archives and place .exs and .bmp files into C:\Games\BOE\scenarios\ (that's where BOE lives). But they don't appear when i press Custom Scenario button :( It says that there are no custom scenarios installed.

Help ?
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #1
You put the .exs and .bmp files in the scenarios folder, right? Not in a subfolder of the scenarios folder?

And you restarted BoE after putting them there?

I can't think what else could be the problem.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #2
You may strike a situation where the custom scenarios only appear immediately after you have created a first level party. If that is the case, simply rename a custom scenario "Stealth.exs". Also rename any custom graphics sheets. This is what I have to do when using the Open Source BoE on Windows XP.
Apprentice
Member # 12472
Profile #3
[somewhat solved]

2 Celtic Minstrel:

The files were directly in BOE\scenarios dir, like C:\Games\BOE\scenarios\goblins.exs , C:\Games\BOE\scenarios\goblins.BMP and yes, I have had restarted BOE a couple times after installing the files. The "Custom Scenario" button was still saying that there are none installed.

2 Ishad Nha:

Thank you very much. I had renamed goblins.exs & bmp to Stealth.* and now I'm eventually able to launch the game using the "Start Scenario" button.
I'm pretty much O.K. with this solution, but heck, Exile III was IMNSHO perfect, and BOE is opensource, so the current devs could've made it better.

Thanks anyway, I'll go exploring now :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #4
I guess this is a bug, so I've added it to the bugs and suggestions list.
Apprentice
Member # 13382
Profile Homepage #5
well, i have found success by renaming the files to VALLEYDY.*, and renaming the original files...but no luck at all with the Stealth method. i just have to select valley of the dying things from the original scenario start button and its all good :)

[EDIT] nevermind........the text (dialogue) in the scenario doesn't work :P

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:08: Message edited by: Zopiac ]

--------------------
~Zopiac Keylink
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #6
In the original Blades of Exile the only scenario that you could select was Valley of Dying Things, until you had registered the game. The Stealth method works for me, not too sure why it does not work on other computers, I am using the Ormus BoE package.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #7
I just found an older version of Ormus's BoE (sans editors) on my flash drive that worked better with regard to custom scenarios being recognized. I don't know what the functional differences between that version and the newer one are, aside from custom scenarios working in this one. I'll look through the thread about his port and post here again.

EDIT: Okay, it seems the only real difference between this older version and the current one is that Ormus rearranged the file structure. This was done to make development easier, if I understood correctly, but it also broke custom scenarios.

I just have the program, and not the source, unfortunately. At any rate, it should run well enough on XP and Vista. I don't know what to do with it though, now that I have it. Should I upload it somewhere (it's a 2.67MB ZIP), or are there licensing issues due to this version being released under the Common Public License rather than GNU GPL v2?

[ Thursday, January 24, 2008 07:01: Message edited by: The Almighty Do-er of Stuff ]

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Do-er of Stuff:

Should I upload it somewhere (it's a 2.67MB ZIP), or are there licensing issues due to this version being released under the Common Public License rather than GNU GPL v2?
QFE

--------------------
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:

quote:

Should I upload it somewhere (it's a 2.67MB ZIP), or are there licensing issues due to this version being released under the Common Public License rather than GNU GPL v2?
QFE

It's fine for you to upload and distribute it. The only licensing issues that come up are if someone tries to modify it, basically.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
I've been having the same problem, though nothing has worked so far. The Mac version I downloaded from Khoth's site didn't even work, so I was forced to use the Windows version. Currently, clicking a scenario icon for the original JV scenarios doesn't do anything.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #11
http://ados.ermarian.net/BoX/OrmusBoEWin32.zip

I uploaded that a while ago. Aran said he'd put it somewhere but I don't think he did. Until he moves it where he wants it, there it is.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #12
Thank you. It works perfectly now.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."