River and Leaf Help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: River and Leaf Help
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #0
As a newish member of BoE, I'm playing through some of the scenarios. In River and Leaf, I've run up against a wall that I can't seem to pass, and the walkthrough on TrueSite for Blades doesn't seem to be working.
In Ingusi Lv2, there is a conversation with a barrier in front of the door, and you’re told to find a good place to listen. I’ve searched the entire area, and the only thing I’ve found is a bookshelf with a password I don’t know. What do I do?

--------------------
I came, I saw, I conquered
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #1
There is a sign with a few words, one of them is the password.
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #2
Thanks, I'd tried most of the words on that sign, but not that one.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #3
I've run up against another tought spot, (King) Scyld tells me "Go to Sweon and alert the guards. Then see if you can investigate the outpost." When I go to Sweon and talk to Ongen (the commander), I can't alert the guards.
What do I do?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #4
River and Leaf is tricky, when I ported this scenario to the Blades of Avernum world I added a lot more clues for the player. I guess that it was hurriedly written to meet a contest deadline, hence a lot of the many puzzles are not well explained.

Sweon: you can't alert the guards. So simple. What you can do is look for a town that is suddenly visible, to the SE of Sweon.

At some point after this town you will hit the next two hassles.

You will find a door that requires a password to open. On the same level, you will chase somebody around, he will say "w**", you must say "uu**" or "vv**" to the door. (Here ** stands for two letters.)

Then later on, the game will appear to hit another dead end, you must get a log translated in one town, then go to a certain town.

[ Friday, December 07, 2007 15:36: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #5
Thanks, I would have really gotten hung up on the combo lock puzzle.
The log puzzle was easy, I'd found a guy who told me he could translate things when I was looking for Aeschere.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #6
Now a riddle has me stumped. "Water on sand not under water." Any clues? (I know I need to note that the message comes by way of faint letters appearing) PS. I got the riddle about voices.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #7
Hint: What do people frequently see in the desert when they're extremely thirsty?

Answer: Move your mouse over this link and look at the url that appears in the status bar to see the answer.

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #8
The Realms of Mist has one riddle which has no clue that I can perceive. You are confronted with a hidden encounter ceasing to be hidden, then you are asked for a reply. (Maybe I missed something?)

That idea of an illusory url is a good one, Nioca, I will use it here.
Answer: Move your mouse over this link and look at the web page that appears in the status bar to see the answer.
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #9
Thanks, but the last one (I hope) still has me stumped “Name it, so break it”
(it’s possible I haven’t tried as many guesses for this as the others, since I get attacked each time I try something new)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #10
The riddles are simple words, this one is:
web page.
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #11
Wow, After all that it's a pity I couldn't beat the last battle without cheating. (I had played it through with only 31 spell points until the battle, for this battle I took 29 more and the spell protection, although I'll discard them again.)
A final Thanx for all your help.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #12
For the final battle with Dracan I used a lot of Crystals of Shielding, this gave the party Invulnerability. Then I web page , after which I had to wait a bit.

[ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 23:13: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]