Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic:
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #50
I earlier recommended that people pass around the hat, see if they can't raise money to hire someone who does know how to program, unlike me. A lot of people won't be able to contribute financially.

Alternately, you could take a few months to learn how to program, it is not that hard from what I can see.

We lost Ormus, now we may have lost someone else. There are few people who know how to program in the Blades community and we keep losing them.

Hex-editing can only correct a few errors, things like data structures. It can't rewrite the program in fundamental ways.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #51
I thought you were a programmer... I can program, but there's two problems: I'm not familiar enough with the Carbon API (or Win32 API) to handle that part of the code. Someone has suggested using wxWidgets... I wonder if it would be worthwhile to simply write the API code from scratch using such a library, and then keep the game mechanics code and improve it. (I hope that makes coherent sense...)

quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:

January 15:
It is the Type Flag, this is an unsigned char (according to the source file global.h) thus it has permissible values from 0 through 255 only. Thus the "0 - 1000" mentioned by the Scenario Editor is wrong.

What has January 15 to do with anything? :/ Anyway, I think this was a known bug.

quote:

Custom item graphics, the documentation says that 150 is added to the custom graphic sheet slot number to give the graphic number. In practice it seems to be 200,
That doesn't make any sense, because it works when you add 150. Maybe it adds 200 only when in the shop screen?

quote:

and the item graphic number is "char", hence has a maximum value of 255.
This limit is mentioned in the documentation.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #52
Programmer, no I am not. I am self - taught, and not well taught at that. I also lack reference materials.

"January 15", that is the particular post that I am replying to, in WikiEncyclopedia terms this is a disambiguation device. I could have said "your post on January 15 this year". This topic has ranged over a whole lot of distinct individual matters, so I am referring to one in particular.

My post on May 4 makes it clear that the item graphics bug appears in one place only: the shopping screen.

I am pointing out the significance of char, there is a maximum of 105 slots and you will need each item graphic to appear twice: once for the inventory and once for the shopping screen.

[ Tuesday, May 06, 2008 15:08: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Apprentice
Member # 8738
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
King InuYasha :
It has been quite a while since it was announced the change to GPLv2, and BoE/win32 is stagnant since then.
Oh, so the license has changed! Great! I will make aproporiate changes in BoE for Win32 soon!

quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:

Ormus has not read my message yet, so he either doesn't check his email often or has disabled email notification of private messages.

I have disabled email notification. :-/

EDIT:

License changed to GNU GPL 2! :->

[ Sunday, May 11, 2008 03:58: Message edited by: Ormus ]

--------------------
Blades of Exile for Win32
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #54
Yay, Ormus is back!

Yay, a carbonized character editor is now available!

Also:
quote:
Originally written by [url=http:
//www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001905#000009]Miramor[/url]:
On a more serious note, I've wished for a while to introduce stat boosting/draining potions to BoE, and wholeheartedly approve of anything that might further that goal.
I've added this to the suggestion list.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #55
I've added another idea that I just thought of:
quote:
When creating a new scenario, allow a choice of bladbase.exs files.
Basically, the scenario editor uses the bladbase.exs as a template to create a new scenario, copying its item, monster, and terrain list, and town 0 if requested, and resizing the outdoors and adding towns, if requested. So, extend it to give you a choice of templates.

One template would be the normal bladbase.exs, another might have an empty item list, a third may have a terrain list tailored for a cave scenario rather than a surface scenario. I already do this by having several scenario files, renaming the one I want to use to "Blades of Exile Base".

The game itself doesn't use the bladbase.exs/"Blades of Exile Base" file, does it?
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #56
Bladbase.exs would be of no use to the game itself because it has only one town, Warrior's Grove. It also has only one outdoor section. It might be used by the Scenario Editor for creating monster, terrain and item records in a new scenario. I have not checked this last theory in the source code.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #57
quote:

It might be used by the Scenario Editor for creating monster, terrain and item records in a new scenario. I have not checked this last theory in the source code.
The monster, terrain, and item records are copied from bladbase.exs into a new scenario.

Pages