Loophole in unregistered

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Loophole in unregistered
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #0
I found a loophole in Blades of Exile Scenario Editor. I can't use new levels nor add new cities to the demo scenario but I can edit it. I can add own characters, add extra scenarios too the already existing rooms. So think of one town, I can delete all the people in there like in greenvile and then make a whole castle or cavern there with lots of enemies and such. This way I can, though with lots of work, create my own scenario without registering. (It's not that I don't want to pay for registering, it's that I don't want to send money through the post. :o )
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Check Spiderweb's ordering page for more ways to register. Online is good if you have a credit card. So is phone. Mail works well if you can send a check or a money order. Sending cash by mail is a bad idea.

—Alorael, who believes the loophole described is both excessively tedious and not workable on the Mac version of BoE. It would be more time efficient to find a way to send the money than to work with the VoDT scenario to create something else.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
This won't work too well. There's SOME check that's performed on VoDT to check whether or not it's been modified. If / once you change it too much, I think you might find yourself caught out.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #3
There is even a way to explore the entire outdoors of a scenario and most of its towns...but it severly detracts from the playability. As for the check with VoDT, there are simple work-arounds. But the editor is only $30 so just buy it already. If your work is free from such limitations it will probably be of better quality.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
There's a boatload of loopholes in UR BoE, such as...you can move around in any scenario in combat mode. But only by registering can you achieve full functionality and convenience.

--------------------
-ben4808
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
The editor is free. You can make your own scenario without buying BoE, but you can't test it. Odds are, it won't be any good.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

This won't work too well. There's SOME check that's performed on VoDT to check whether or not it's been modified. If / once you change it too much, I think you might find yourself caught out.
Actually, the check is done on the outdoor sections. I used to try out stuff in the unregistered version (and occasionally look at towns in other scenarios if they weren't passworded) by importing it to VoDT. It works. It's really exceptionally tedious however, it offers not even a quarter of the fun, and it's definitely more work than it's worth compared to the price.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
I've edited VoDT to run BoE Arena matches on a computer where I didn't have access to my registered copy of BoE. Never experienced any problems.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 02:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

There's a buttload of loopbackholes in UR BoE,
@< fixed ur typo

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #9
you can do this in BOA to. the only limitation is no adding new towns or if you try to play the game it gives you the message that the shareware demon will stop you from playing because you arrant registered i really mucked with Vodt myself before i registered
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
See, TM, usually typos are fixed for sarcastic humor value and mockery. I don't get this one.

—Alorael, who can only suppose that it is either a crack at BoE or a crack at Ben. If the former, the UR should have been removed. If the latter, couldn't you find a better time and place?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
I think this hinges on the knowledge of what loopback is. Perhaps a Google image search is in order.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Salvengeance:

See, TM, usually typos are fixed for sarcastic humor value and mockery. I don't get this one.

—Alorael, who can only suppose that it is either a crack at BoE or a crack at Ben. If the former, the UR should have been removed. If the latter, couldn't you find a better time and place?

It was both. I don't get it either, though. Probably heading toward his characteristic perverted ways. :rolleyes:

--------------------
-ben4808
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #13
Thanks to this loophole I learned to make complicated quests in VoDT. I actually made a sidequest by replacing the content in that valley where those talking animals were and that cave east of it. It turned out to be a more advanced yet short quest where you by killing a "Psydorg rat leader" could save a town from being infested by rats who could throw magic. It was fun. :D