I don't wanna pay that much!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I don't wanna pay that much!
Apprentice
Member # 5687
Profile #25
My argument was that it's just a job putting up flyers. Also, who can guess where I live?
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #26
Seeing as you are a Canadian I could lend you 50 dollars at say 25.5% interest following the first month. That way you can play the game immidiatly and have sevral months to get the actual money together. I would of course accept minimum payments of say one dollar. ;)

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #27
Keeping in mind that 25.5% interest is roughly 24% above what it is here in the US...

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #28
1.5%????

I call bull****.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #29
Keep in mind that's the inflation-indexed Federal Reserve interest rate, not the kind of rate an average borrower will get on a credit card or even a home loan.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
Well, yeah. But discount rates also result in an unbelievable rate for Joe Schmoe. For instance, we have an inordinately large number of people with middle class incomes who lead upper class lifestyles with the caveat of placing themselves utterly and irredemably in debt. The crazy-high debt on our account books will result in our selling assets within the near future, including golf courses, slaves, and California.

And it all started with a simple purchase of a shareware game...

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #31
The interest rate on my student loans is about 3.5% right now (should have consolidated sooner :mad: ). Finding a rate lower than that (outside of 0.0% financing from auto dealers desperately trying to clear out their inventories) is pretty difficult. Anyone in college/their early twenties is likely to get hosed when it comes to credit card interest rates, and almost no one in that age group has any collateral to put up for a bank loan.

The big thing though is just to avoid debt outright, with the exception of real estate mortgages.

[ Wednesday, May 04, 2005 05:20: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #32
It is my intention to never go into debt, ever.

We'll see what the real world has to say about that, I guess.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #33
There's a cogent reason as to why I'm going to a public school.

Other than a pervasive lack of scholarships.

--------------------

Pages