The Great Conclusion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Great Conclusion
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #0
I have (like many other Spiderwebbers) weather or not to buy BoA. I am loyal to the BoE engine and have been worried about BoE being outdated and forgotten. However, I have come to a conclusion: to buy BoA for playing scenarios only, not for making them. And use BoE for making scenarios and playing them. It is my understanding the BoA engine is much harder to use, and I have trouble using the BoE editor as it is. What do you all think of this?

(I am thinking that this has already been thought, and if so, let me know, and I'll lock this.)

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
If you are going to just stick with BoE, just keep playing and designing like you always do. I you are going to buy BoA, you mays well try to learn the editor anyway, since it's there. You can always alternate your scenarios between BoE and BoA.

--------------------
-ben4808
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by burglar ben:

You can always alternate your scenarios between BoE and BoA.
Totally false.

You can transfer a BoE scenario into a BoA one with an unusually large amount of work to the extent that it's unreasonably difficult and worthless anyway, whereas going the other way is impossible.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4062
Profile #3
Korojutsu, im positive you mistook what Ben meant. I believe he was saying that He could always make one scenario for Blades of Exile, then the next scenario he made could be for Blades of Avernum. He said absolutely nothing about transferring scenarios between the two