AC3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: AC3
Apprentice
Member # 4737
Profile #0
Shyguy, when is the finished version of AC3 going to be released. I'm anxiously waiting to finish it.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
If I remember right, he asked for beta testers on the Lyceum awhile ago. It shouldn't be too long, but he did say it was going to be HUGE. Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 4737
Profile #2
Thanks. It just seems a long time. Of course, I sometimes have the patience of a gnat. (TeeHEE)
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #3
And then again, some of us beta-testers find ourselves making stupid choices, such as charging into the slith hideout w/out fire barrier. :P

As far as I know, there's a round of beta testers either done or getting it done ASAP, and I think I'm somewhere inbetween two rounds of betatesters.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
The "ending" portion isn't as long as the "beginning" portion, although it IS of healthy length- AC3 reaches above its 100th town with the final chapters, ending somewhere around 125 (taking away the 25 unused ones in-between). Dungeons range from cool (Volton) to horrible (Pelzbarii), and there's a hell of alot of gameplay. I got through it, but understandably, others haven't. (Plus, I basically skimmed through much of it- ignoring sidequests and whatnot. I'm shameless. -_-)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #5
Shame on you Terry! :P

First time I played, the first barrier in Part 1 wiped out 5 of 6 party members, because I didn't go for the sidequests (and I used the PC editor a little.) Last time I played though, I had Part 2 and pretty much got my butt kicked by the golems near the end, got a look at what the final fights were, and ran like a kitten.

This time I'm going to do even the sidequests in Part 2, see if I can make it.

Of course, Part 2 isn't even out yet, so I probably shouldn't be talking about it TOO much.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Wait a sec. 125 towns?! How many can you put on the scenario, because I've heard there's problems with more than 100. But Jeff says in the editor you should be able to get 200.

--------------------
-ben4808
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I was wondering about this, too. Evidently the 100-town bug only occurs when leaving towns 100-127. If a scen skips those intermediate ones, it can have more than 100 towns.

I read this in a thread crediting this discovery to Vince Fizz, so the accuracy of my information is questionable.

EDIT: Here, if you want to read about it.

[ Sunday, July 18, 2004 12:58: Message edited by: Just call me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #8
I posted it because it verifiably worked for me, Kel. :P
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
So, [BtW, remember the original topic was AC3, but oh well] you get 171 towns in a scenario. Answered my own question. *ahem*, change that, Kel answered my question. :P

I'll go further, though. Shouldn't we be able to get up to town 265, since BoE is a 16-bit application?

--------------------
-ben4808
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Yeah, Imban, when I found the thread again and saw that it was you that posted it, I realized that it was probably accurate. I should've edited that part out, too, when I edited the post.

I just made a scen with 200 blank towns and tried to add another one. I got an error message saying, "You have reached the limit of 200 towns you can have in one scenario."

If I try to do something like this from the first screen, I get an error message saying, "The total number of towns must be from 1 to 200 (you must have at least 1 town)." So 200 is a pretty definite limit, not that I think anyone will really mind at that point (even *i or Shyguy :P ).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #11
Patience is a virtue!

But alas, I lack it myself sometimes. I currently have about 4 beta testers still trudging through this thing. But after getting messages from 2 that they would be delayed due to various problems, I am releasing it as is.

I will still continue to refine it, with their help, but as of now, it has been sent to Spidweb to be posted. I'm not sure how long it takes to get listed these days, but I might be persuaded to send it out personally upon request.

Let me know, along with your email address, and be able to accept a file of about 1.5 megs. I can split this up if needed. Also, there is no graphics file for Macs, so you'll need to convert yourself.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Well, it's definitely not a shoddy work- I might give it a more in-depth look in a day or two, although I've been distracting myself from designing as is...

Eh. I have plenty of things to say about this scenario, so I'll save it for the reviews. It's worth the play.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #13
Quite, though the hardest dungeon I've ever done (and I haven't finished several of the top scenarios) is in here before the halfway point. (Hardest because I went in there unprepared, and was stupid about it.)

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
Shyguy, how much of the 1.5 MB is the actual scenario file? (Just wondering, as if you can split it up, it would be the scenario itself separated from the other files right?) It could very well be the largest scenario made for BoE. (Definately, if you include the first one.)

But, I can wait until the scenario gets up for download on Spiderweb.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #15
I believe it IS the largest scenario ever created for BoE. The unzipped size of the actual scenario file is 3.05 MB.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #16
Ooh, how fun! But Jeff, I'm still stuck in the Kuntalass Hideout. I'm able to get to the Chief, but the Archmagi kill me. And that's after losing a PC to the High Priests that appeared (that loss wasn't necassary though, I could have avoided it w/potions).

I think I'm just going to web as soon as I open the Chief's door, and then see if I can't pull the lever w/out them seeing me…

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4737
Profile #17
Can you send me a copy by email. Email address is

cdallaway0612@rogers.com

Thanks
Warrior
Member # 1427
Profile #18
If anyone has a working .meg, or even a .gif file for it, I'd appreciate it. My graphics program doesnt work with bmps, and so I have to screenshot everything, and copy and paste them together. I tried doing that, and I kept seeing ugly little lines everywhere.

[ Thursday, July 29, 2004 04:22: Message edited by: Mohrg ]