Where be dragon?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where be dragon?
Apprentice
Member # 14993
Profile #0
I can't find him. He sucks. I went to his lair, called Main Entrance on my automap, and he appeared (invisibly!) to say something like, "Ah humans, you are so lame, find my lair and perhaps I will talk to you". Is this not your lair? Okay. All the signs saying KEEP OUT LAIR OF REPTRAKOS sort of misled me I guess.

Now I can't do nothin'. The area contains one corpse and a high ledge, apparently leading to the rest of the lair, which I can't reach. Searched all over! No dragon! Hate him. SO MUCH.

Walkthrough says "REPTRAKOS' LAIR (6) When you enter, Reptrakos won't seem so happy. Search around, and get Gobo to join you". Who or what is Gobo? Am I in the wrong place? I must be in the wrong place. But it's the only place! Gragh.

Help me find dragon?

[ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 02:27: Message edited by: Corridor ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Search a little harder. There is a hidden entrance.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 14993
Profile #2
There is, like, so not. Course I thought of hidden passage already, first thing I checked for. But I just bonked my face on many walls. :(

Guess I'll just go and do it some MORE!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
No true gamer hasn't head banged into walls at least a thousand time. There will be plenty more before you are done.

Hint - try the southwest walls.
Apprentice
Member # 14993
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

No true gamer hasn't head banged into walls at least a thousand time. There will be plenty more before you are done.
Oh, such wisdom you speak! :(

I finally found his stupid lair. He looks like a teapot. Thank yous to all my new internet dragon-thread buddies. Now I am uncursed!

Did that curse actually do anything at all, besides make certain hoomans snub you?

Oh, um, to save making a new topic... can someone also tell me where to train in Woodcraft? I don't have much so I can't do a bunch of things. I fail at being a crazy pagan.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
From Synergy's Item List -

Nethergate Fort
TRAIN: Woodscraft, Barter, First Aid, Herbcraft, Hardiness, Defense — Bituitus — C [Very Reasonable]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Corridor:

Did that curse actually do anything at all, besides make certain hoomans snub you?
It makes you slightly less powerful as well. It is possible to complete the game without removing the curse, but it's pretty hard.

[ Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:44: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 14993
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

It makes you slightly less powerful as well. It is possible to complete the game without removing the curse, but it's pretty hard.
Huh. I don't think I even noticed any difference after I got it removed. Maybe I got some nifty equipment around that time or something and just attributed monsters' sudden killability to that.

The Celtic afterlife really seems like it kinda sucks. Do all the same **** you did in life, except you have no spiritual incentive and you can never go out, ever. For a race that was completely bat**** insane and into heavy drug use, they really don't seem to have had a lot of imagination. Even the Wicker Man, which at first seems kind of awesome, basically just boils down to "Put some dudes into a thing shaped like a dude so that it makes, like, one big dude".

edit- This forum has swear filters. My elegant prose is RUINED by PHILISTINES.

Edit: Swearing about the autocensor is also not a good Idea. Please refrain from using profanity in the future.

[ Saturday, April 19, 2008 23:32: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
You aren't supposed to swear. It's not that it upsets the little kids that read, but their parents that control the ever important credit cards that allow Jeff to sell his games.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #9
I 'll give you a hint : the reptile lives in the upper northwest of the caverns.
Oh and don't worry about these two they are mean with new people, most spiderwebies can be very friendly.

[ Wednesday, April 23, 2008 21:09: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .