Couple of Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Couple of Questions
Warrior
Member # 3376
Profile #0
I am just in the begining of the game. A couple of hours. I got cursed, went to the bazaar got a quest to get a dragon scale.. err am i supposed to do this early? I don't see anyway around it, since i am cursed, i am weaker (that's what the quest says)

2nd question, how am I supposed to fight creatures that can stone you? Example Basillik(sp??) Is there any counter spell?

3rd question, the price of your wares are the same regardless of what the merchant might indicate? I am referring to my own wares, not the merchants.

4th question, am i supposed to buy spells/skills from merchant as I increase my druid skills? Don't they come automatically as when i create new characters? I remember i got a couple of spells when i created my characters?

Thanks!!

[ Monday, August 20, 2007 05:14: Message edited by: Rinoa Heartily ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
1. Yes, it's a good idea to get a scale as soon as possible.

2. They're a pain. Higher magic resistance may help, and a Crystal Amulet helps a great deal. You're always at risk, though. The best thing to do is save first and be ready to play through the encounter many times.

3. I'm not sure if all merchants have the same prices when you sell your items, but it's not tied to the prices that they have when selling. Most give you the same amount no matter who or where they are.

4. Yes, you'll need to buy or find spells as you improve your druids. You only get free spells when creating a character.

—Alorael, who hopes this helps. He is also reminded how much fun basilisks aren't. Instant death is not a high point and A4's freezing is a huge step forward.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Some of the Avernum games have the merchants pay different prices to buy, but this isn't true in Nethergate.

It better to just use save and reload than to use the crystal charm and shield that are worth selling. Also charm beast will stop a monster from attacking so you can hit it safely. Great for groups of basilisks.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Charm Beast works wonders because it also means the uncharmed monsters might attack the charmed one instead of you.

The crystal equipment did not seem to offer very much protection against stoning when I tried it out (I tried it a lot) despite the claim of 80% on its info box. Anyone know what if anything it does?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Rinoa Heartily:

I got cursed, went to the bazaar got a quest to get a dragon scale.. err am i supposed to do this early? I don't see anyway around it, since i am cursed, i am weaker (that's what the quest says)
I don't see what the curse actually does to you unless it happens after a period of time has passed. Only once did it seem to do anything and in that instance it merely made me get hit by a monster when I normally wouldn't have. Or maybe I missed. Something like that.
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #5
Originally written by Rinoa Heartily:

quote:
3rd question, the price of your wares are the same regardless of what the merchant might indicate? I am referring to my own wares, not the merchants.
On the value you get for selling your loot, it is only influenced by the collective amount of Barter that your party has. For both Romans and Celts, it's available for purchase in your 'home base' for a nominal fee, one that pays for itself many times over.

quote:
4th question, am i supposed to buy spells/skills from merchant as I increase my druid skills? Don't they come automatically as when i create new characters? I remember i got a couple of spells when i created my characters?
As for spells, the only addition I'd put forward is a reminder that many high-level spells are given as rewards for completing quests, finishing dungeons, wandering through caves, and other andventurer-ly actions.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #6
The curse makes you hit weaker, a lot less than you usually would. Whenever the curse would activate it would say "the curse of the crones makes your arm weaker".

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.