Bel of the Dead

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bel of the Dead
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #0
Was wonderin' if anybody has gotten behind Bel in the Halls of the Dead into his chambers where the temp quickly kills you. If so, how? and is there anything back there worth the trip? Also, if you kill the God of the Dead, does that haunt you later in the game?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
First you can't kill Bel.

As Romans you can explore part of the area behind Bel using a secret passage. As Celts you can explore parts of the feasting hall.
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #2
I don't know if he's dead, dead... but I got a dagger of the sun, a blessed long sword and a robe of the archdruid from his corpse. Does he come back?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
The only place I've seen a dagger of the sun is below the Temple of Brigante when you kill the high druid. In Annwn, you can't even get into combat range as a Roman and I doubt the Celts are allowed to attack him without getting killed.

Either way there shouldn't be any consequences for killing Bel.
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #4
Cool, as a Celt, I buffed up, speed up and blessed up my fighters then went into combat mode and attacked Bel. He died, and I got those goodies. So it is possible to kill him.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #5
You wouldn't happen to be using the character editor to up your stats would you? It seems very difficult to kill Bel without cheating.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #6
Okay, to be totally honest, a bit...
But it was when I started, bumped up strength of one of the fighters to 8 to open up doors...
So yes, I did, but not outrageously...
Don't hate me cause I'm a cheater
:rolleyes:

[ Sunday, June 17, 2007 03:41: Message edited by: playongrass ]
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #7
Oh yeah, also when I died, editor...
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #8
or if the spell points get a little low...
or there is a magic item I just can't seem to find...
or I need some gold for that extra spell... or just edit the spells...
or if my fighter gets poisoned, diseased, or feels drowsy...

Basically, I don't play the game, I just edit...
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #9
When I register demos, I usually make a new party and improve its stats a little if it's my first time through the game and then I replay hard-core style. For my singletons, I give them unlimited gold, even. You're still playing, just tweaking-style to help you out as you go along. There's nothing wrong with cheating. It can lead to a very relaxing but still interesing game. And that's what games are all about: relaxation. It doesn't matter how you achieve your relaxation.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
Use the edit button and don't triple post.

Be sure to get Bel's permission to leave Annwn before killing him. Otherwise I think you're stuck there and need to use the editot to leave.
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #11
Thank you Fractal for the understanding pump, it is my first run...

Sorry for the triple post, I did it for dramatic effect but understand that it can be super annoying...

bad zander, bad zander...

[ Sunday, June 17, 2007 09:48: Message edited by: playongrass ]
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #12
I killed Bel using a Celt party on easy without any assistance from the editor. I ended up reloading after, as it sort of ruined the roleplaying experience to have killed the god of death. I'd be curious to know if there are any consequences later on.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Apprentice
Member # 5505
Profile Homepage #13
I'm not finished yet, but in the last area, so Randomizer was correct, you just have to get permission to leave before toasting him...
If there are any problems later on I'll be sure to update this posting...