Roman Singleton Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Roman Singleton Question
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #0
I decided to try a Roman Singleton (and a Celt, but that's off topic) but don't know what I should do about Druidism. Is it worth it? Or should I just ignore spells?

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
I startd out with 3 levels of War and Healing and gradually built it up to 8. If you don't mind killing an inncent, you should wait til you are done with the FDaerie Bazaar quests and kill Raven. He drops an All Circle Scroll that boosts, War, Healing, Beast and Craft by 1 point each. Before that, you should go to Hagfen to buy 1 level each of Beast and Craft. THen use the Rod of Safe Descent from Galag-Trav to go down the huge cliff in the Circle Warrens to get the Beastmaster Bracelet, which gives you thes levels of Beast Circle. Finally, if you kill Sleek, the hags will reward you with eithe a Beast increase or a Craft increase. I would go with Craft, since you'll already have 4 levels of Beast.

As for whether or not spells help, Lance of Fire, Battle Rage, and Mild Healing are incredibly helpful at the beginning, and you can start with all of them.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #2
Heh. I guess I don't have very much magic skill right now but I'll have to start working Kirian a bit harder. I'm pretty much set for roman training and the like. Well, here goes nothing...<loads game>

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
You can get by with only two levels of Battle circle and one level of health at the start. Protection spell can reduce damage from goblins to nothing. After the Abandoned Mines you can raise battle circle spell to 4 so when you finally reach Vanarium you can buy quicksilver boots (haste).

I went the beast circle scroll route when I did Hagfen's Selkie skin quest since I wanted call beast spell and wanted to try Similacrum.

I remember Raven's all circle scroll giving 3 levels each, but that was during beta testing and I haven't reached the point where I want to do it yet.

See here for more information about what I've tried.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
You're right. It does give 3 points each. That was my mistake.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #5
About the rod of safe descent--

In the first Celt dungeon, what is at the bottom of the abyss in the deep pits?

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
You can't climb over the fence in the lowest level of the Goblin Pits to see what they do with their dead.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

You can't climb over the fence in the lowest level of the Goblin Pits to see what they do with their dead.
But if your party dies, it's likely the goblins toss you down that hole too.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #8
No, no. I think there is another abbyss somewhere in that dungeon. I tried jumping it, but my Celts all died. I haven't yet gotten there with my Roman due to freaky computer problems. I can't look it up right now, but I will tell you when I can. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

P.S. Thanks for the help! I started a new Roman that was much better. He's doing fine.

[ Thursday, June 14, 2007 23:23: Message edited by: Fractal ]

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
This sounds like Galag-Trav with the pit in the center of the lower level and the fomorian watching from the northwest. I checked you take damage and die when you can't get out.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #10
Ohhh...
I guess I got slightly confused. Thanks for the help and info.

--------------------
--Shaper wisdom from G2