Help! Trapped in Goagh-Nar

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help! Trapped in Goagh-Nar
Apprentice
Member # 4695
Profile #0
I killed the queen and after going back down to the lower levels to report the deed decided I would finish my exploring on the top level. Trouble is, now every time I get near the stairs it gives me a message about hearing the sounds of conflict and staying away - in other words I can't get down either set of stairs. The only other way out I can think of is the front door, but it is locked locked locked and I can't find a wheel to turn to let me out.

I'm playing a party of celts. Any ideas how to get out?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
You can't use the route you took up to the upper level. You need to go down the stairs that are first west and then south of the queen's chamber. This leads to the middle level where you fight some fomorians and lizards to head first east and then north to a hidden passage that goes northwest to a route down to the lowest level, From the storeroom there is a hidden door back to the area you visited.

There should be some messages to keep you from going back.
Apprentice
Member # 4695
Profile #2
those stairs are also not working for me.

Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I have/haven't done...
Here's the chronology of what happened:
First I came up the east stairs into the deserted storeroom
Killed the Queen
Escaped down the west stairs (the ones you're talking about)
Messed around on the intermediate level some
Found my way back to the lowest level
Talked to the King and the Sprite
Decided I needed to explore the top a bit more
Went up the western stairs (the eastern ones were blocked going up), the same way I just came down
Now I'm on the top level, but can't go down either set of stairs (because of in-game message telling me there's sounds of fighting), and can't go out the front door b/c the portcullis is down.

Any ideas? Or am I permanently locked in Goagh-Nar? :(
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
Are you sure you triggered the necessary dialog options with the King and the sprite? That front gate should be open, if so.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 4695
Profile #4
I thought I had, but I guess maybe I didn't since the gate is firmly closed.

I think the only option is to character-edit myself out of town, which is a shame.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
I haven't tested it, but you aren't supposed to be able to go back to the top level after you reached the lowest level. I guess that character edit is your only option.

You might want to compress your saved game and send it to Jeff, since this sounds like a bug.
Apprentice
Member # 8955
Profile #6
Help! I'm stuck too. :)

Playing as Romans, I was nice to the Fomorians's on the first level, including the Queen. I've killed and found everything I can on L2 (picture below) but it looks like a gate is keeping me on L2. I've killed and found what I can on L3 while staying to the north side (tried to attack the Fomorian's to the south in L3 but they are too much for a noob like me).

I haven't found the skull, and the L2 map sure looks like there is a bunch of rooms to the east that I have not reached, but I don't know how to reach them.

Any tips?

This is me, stuck at the gate, trying to get back to L1:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gmatta/Misc/photo#5075069234616249186
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #7
No way...someone else from Kirkland? How very cool.

Have you tried going back up to L1 and down to L3/L2 by the stairway in the NE corner of L1? I may be forgetting how the Romans get around the levels, and the Celts do it differently, but on L2 you do each half from separate access areas, as I recall. I think you have more to do on L3 in order to finish up and get out of Goagh-Nar. You were sent down to L3 to get the skull, right? Some of L2 is on your way out, not on your way in.

If I am murking this up, someone will further clarify. It's been a while since I was there as Romans.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 8955
Profile #8
quote:
I think you have more to do on L3 in order to finish up and get out of Goagh-Nar. You were sent down to L3 to get the skull, right?
Yep, thanks, I hadn't gotten the skull yet. There was a nice piece of paper with instructions from the Queen on the wall in the first few rooms of L2 (or L3, I forget). Somehow I missed it the first 3-4 times I walked by, but once read it encouraged me to poke around L3 a little more and I found it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Once you go from L2 to L3 as a Roman you can no longer go back to L1 the way you came down. The skull is hidden in the ordeal. On the way back from L3 you have to go up the east side and there are some places on L2 that are only for the Celts.