Nethergate Resurrection - Roman Singleton (some spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Nethergate Resurrection - Roman Singleton (some spoilers)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
Now that I have beast circle at 4 with the beastmaster bracelet, the game is getting easier. Charm beast has worked fine with intelligence 2, druidism 5, and beast circle 4 against asps, basilisks, gryphons, and dark and spectral wolves.

Icy longsword only heals 8 to 15 points for the deathblow, but any healing is helpful,

I'm working through minor quests and looting Hagfen to raise money for weapons training.

The worst part about the Roman is healing elixirs are the best combat healing I have. So I'm wandering about the valley waiting for energitic herbs to grow every game day since that is the limiting factor in potion making. The character editor doesn't have it and there aren't that many to buy until the end game in Shadow Valley Fort.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

The worst part about the Roman is healing elixirs are the best combat healing I have. So I'm wandering about the valley waiting for energitic herbs to grow every game day since that is the limiting factor in potion making. The character editor doesn't have it and there aren't that many to buy until the end game in Shadow Valley Fort.
The editor may not list it, but you give it to yourself in the advanced features. It's number 216.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #27
I think it's just completing Goagh-Nar that gives SVF an infinite supply of Healing Elixirs to sell. (Maybe it was Aethdoc instead?)

You can also make Restoration Brews, which provide even better healing.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #28
I'm at herbcraft 7 and it's over 3000 to buy level 8 and then 12 more skill points to reach level 10. There used to be a leather armor that gave +1 herbcraft, but that was removed during beta testing and made +1 tool use instead.

I do get a chance for plenty of random encounters to raise my experience.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #29
Finally got some time to play and I have finished Goagh-Nar. I am now level 26 and have most of my equipment. I started using the editor for healing and energy elixirs so I don't waste hours wandering around looking for potion herbs.

I still think that Jeff needed to add more fomorian crushers to the game. They are nasty, but as long as you don't get swarmed they are too bad with some ketchup. King Rova is nasty because he slows you when he hits. I just let him fight summoned beasts and slinged him from safety.

Rose Lady and the Faerie Bazaar Master are spared for now since I still want to buy stuff there and not have to haul everything back to Vanarium. Since Jeff weaken similacrum spell, Reptrakos will be skipped. I just don't have the invulnerabilty elixirs to deal with him and his summoned stone guardians. Otherwise I cleared everything else, but one paralyzing barrow wight in the Abandoned Mine and that group of druids in the woods south of Vanarium.

As long as I can keep from being out numbered by damaging monsters it isn't too bad. Capture mind works wonders on the nastier types like Gwyar in Hagfen.

[ Monday, June 18, 2007 20:01: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
Rivers of Blood

I cleaned out Castle Aethdoc without too much trouble. Just slow the faeries down with coils of serpent and slaughter at will. Lord Borak didn't even cause me to break a sweat. Dhorus was easier since Jeff reduced his damage from beta testing.

The worst fight was coming into the south wing from the main entrance and getting swarmed by 12 faeries. On the third try, I used call beast enough to keep from facing too many at once.

After claiming my reward for killing Borak, I walked to the south end of the feasting hall, buffed up, and worked my way north until I killed Lord Relatur. Then I killed every last witness in the Castle. After piling up the loot in the entrance and killing the gate guards it was time to get the Eye.

Next up was buying what I wanted in the Hollow Hills. Then it was time to kill the Rose Lady with a few called beasts and charming almost all the ones she summoned. It goes quicker if you let her fight beasts while you kill her guards. Then I killed everything under the Hill.

Now I have to take everything to Vanarium. At least I have some extra invulnerability draughts for Annwn for my efforts. Next up after claiming my rewards from the Crones for Rose Lady and Widow Queen is the Faerie Bazaar.

Pages