Exile II beginning questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile II beginning questions
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #0
Hi! I'm back. My dad loved Exile I and now he's playing Exile II. A few questions I can't find in the walkthrough--does anyone remember these? These are all from the first area, before leaving for the Vahnatai lands.

1. There's a cave in the southwest by the Empire post. He needs a password to get in. I think I found the actual password in a walkthrough--but where is he supposed to learn it in game?

2. There's some village(?) north of Motrax but southwest of the lizard cave. The annotated map isn't helping me. Anyway, he thinks there's a secret door and he can't find it. Anyone know what this is?

3. He doesn't need anything from Motrax before leaving for Vahnatai lands--is that right?

Thanks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
1. You don't get the password until after the Vahnatai lands and even then it's a while before you locate it. It really is just there to bug people that only get the demo.

2. You can't get to the village until you retrieve the Orb of Thranli much later in the game. It isn't really needed except for completeness. You get a potion recipe there.

3. Motrax isn't that important in this game. When you gain higher clearance, you can gain access to the lab and gain information to finish the game. Still be sure to kill the minor monsters for Captain Ko to gain experience.

As a bonus before going down river, try and kill the demons around Solberg's Tower. It's possible as the last thing and sometimes will push a character up a level. There isn't a chance to train again until after reaching the Vahnatai lands.

Since this is Exile and not Avernum, some players keep killing things to raise their characters up to high levels and keep revisiting the merchant to the southwest past the sliths in hopes of getting great items.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
double posted by accident

[ Saturday, August 04, 2007 11:33: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #3
Thank you!