Song from exile One

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Song from exile One
Apprentice
Member # 8327
Profile #0
there was a piano song that played through exile 1 escape from the pit, can anyone tell me what it was?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
I don't know what it was, but you can find it right here.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
It's the Little Fugue in G Minor. It's by Bach and you can find much better renditions of it online. Even legally!

—Alorael, who approves of any game that uses Bach as its soundtrack. That really includes most games without music, though, thanks to the miracle of iTunes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #3
It was my inspiration to perform "Little Fugue" at a piano recital four years ago. :)

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #4
This post may be moved, but speaking of tunes.... what is the {piano played i think} tune played when you enter avernum 4. If you could tell me, i'd apreciate it. Ty guys

[ Tuesday, March 20, 2007 15:59: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I think it's at least part guitar as well, and the intro musics for Nethergate, the Avernums, and the Geneforges are all little sound bites put together just for those games.

—Alorael, who is glad that Spiderweb gets unique music and sad that the intros to Nethergate and A2 aren't actually parts of longer and wonderful pieces.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #6
In Avernum 4 what is the song the piece is cut out of, is my original question. Ty for the info thoough, i thought they were just made for the game, like some games when they pay some band or whatever to play a tune for it, i think anyway, i'm to dumb to know for sure.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Small Fry:

In Avernum 4 what is the song the piece is cut out of
quote:
Originally written by Xosa Arxani:

sad that the intros to Nethergate and A2 aren't actually parts of longer and wonderful pieces.
And for the record, the same is true for A4 and all the other games. The only non-original music is that in Exile 1.

[ Tuesday, March 20, 2007 23:22: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #8
Actually, Exile 2 used a nonoriginal piece for background music as well (CARTHAG.MOD).
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Okay, but where's carthag.mod from? Google provides the music but no source, and it could have been taken from E2.

—Alorael, who wouldn't be surprised if Jeff got non-exclusive rights to music. He just doesn't see any evidence.
Apprentice
Member # 8451
Profile #10
What version of Exile are you all playing? Every version of Exile 1 and 2 I've ever played has never had background music, just the short little opening jingle. Is there some sort of new, updated version that's been release in the last couple of years that features background music?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #11
No, it's the old 1995/96/97 versions that used to feature music. The exile games have been musicless at least since I purchased them (I think it was 2000).

Edit: to clarify, I think I purchased the trilogy in 2000, about a year after first playing E2 on a friend's iMac. I suspect in fact Exile trilogy has been musicless even longer, maybe since the release of E3 in 1997?

[ Friday, April 06, 2007 21:02: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
That would be weird, because I downloaded the exile trilogy demos maybe a year or two back, and I had music. Perhaps you just didn't turn it on? For all I know, it defaults to off.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #13
D'oh, you realise I now have to download the latest version and install it, just in order to check this out?

Edit: Still no music. Maybe it's a mac/windows thing, who knows. Thanks to Tyranicus I can listen to it if I want to anyhow.

[ Saturday, April 07, 2007 01:42: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
The original version of Exile II had music. The original version of Exile I did not; it was added in the v2.0 upgrade that gave Exile I the bright, Exile III style graphics several years after its release. That's all Mac versions. I don't know the history for PC versions.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8451
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Slarty 2.0:

The original version of Exile II had music. The original version of Exile I did not; it was added in the v2.0 upgrade that gave Exile I the bright, Exile III style graphics several years after its release. That's all Mac versions. I don't know the history for PC versions.
I first downloaded Exile 1 and registered around '96, when it still had the old-style, simpler graphics. That version had no music in it. The first version of Exile 2 I played around '97 didn't have music either. That was the version with the updated graphics. Then, just a couple years ago, a friend of mine registered the whole trilogy and got a CD with all 3 games on it, and the versions of Exile 1 and 2 on that CD didn't have music.

Maybe you're right that it is just a Mac-only thing. I'm still confused as to which version of Exile 1 has music in it though. There must be some in-between version that I haven't played that has to music.
Apprentice
Member # 7066
Profile #16
I’ve played both the old and new version of Exile 2 on the pc and it had no background music to speak of. Though, when your entire party dies that scream is music to my ears.
Apprentice
Member # 8451
Profile #17
Yeah, I always liked the death scream too. I'm disappointed that all the sound effects were changed in Exile 3. I'm so used to the old ones, it's hard to adjust to the new ones.