Exile I, Orb of Thralni problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile I, Orb of Thralni problem
Apprentice
Member # 7601
Profile #0
While this isn't as technical as the other problems here, this is an in-game problem that seems not to have an in-game solution, including any uses of the Exile Editor I can see.

My party used the Orb of Thralni to fly over a river to a small ledge, just east of the Crypt of Drath. However, there's a group of monsters in the narrow tunnel back to "land," and you can't fly over monsters. There are two other ledges I can get to, one north and one south, however neither allows me any option of flying elsewhere.

Screenshot available upon request.

Is there any known solution?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Go do a bunch of other stuff until those monsters disappear and come back later? Most monsters like this, I suspect, were randomly generated.

Also, this belongs in Exile Trilogy...

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7601
Profile #2
That's the problem - There's no "other stuff" to do. I'm stuck in a dead-end, with the only way out blocked. My only options are pretty much either to rest until I starve, use the orb to dunk myself and die, or stop playing.

A game-ending situation without an in-game solution sounds like a technical issue to me.

Screenshot

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 20:57: Message edited by: Syff ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #3
There's space enough to walk a bit, and that's all that's needed. When you start moving, monsters move too.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Otherwise, I believe the character editor can help in these situations.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
I don't remember how E1 handles monster movement, but I don't think the gazer will sit there totally unmoving -- I imagine every so often it will move a square away. Moving to one of those other ledges should certainly get him to move.

Maybe it's impossible, but I bet if you fool with it you can manage to escape.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Isn't there a little landing you can reach to the south, also?

Even if not, those gazers should walk around a little if you walk around long enough, I think.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
Can't you use the editor to return the party to the start?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
I don't think the E1 character editor has that option - there's only leave town, which is not much use in this particular case. Unfortunately there's no Word of Recall spell in E1, either.

However, having looked at that screenshot I see a not unfamiliar situation, which I've encountered myself and out of which I managed to get. I'm confident the eyebeast will move around if you wait. Try resting; you have plenty of food.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
I've been in similar situations many times before.

Either sit there and wait, or move back and forth. The monster should move; when it does, spring into action and fly out of there.

The only drawback is you'll probably have to fight the eyebeast to continue on.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.