Who has the REAL OLD Exile: Escape From The Pit???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who has the REAL OLD Exile: Escape From The Pit???
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #25
If you want them you have to buy them; it's only $25 for the whole trilogy.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Technically the full versions are hosted. You just have to pay for the code to unlock them.

—Alorael, who likes that model. Among other benefits, you can look at the end of the game with ResEdit! Yes, he may have gone spoiler hunting back in E1...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Is there a chance that one could convince him to host the full versions of Exile 1, 2 and 3 on Spiderweb Software's main site?
The Exile Trilogy hasn't lost enough sales to oblige Jeff to make it freeware.

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #28
Playing Exile 1 again I'm realizing that honestly very little changed from 1.0 to 2.0. Graphics and the introduction of AP seem to be about it...it doesn't have any of the niceties of later Exile games, 3 in particular, despite now sporting the same graphics. E.g., old-school casting dialogues, old-school randomly-enter-words-from-responses-and-hope-you-strike-it-lucky
dialogue system, that sort of thing. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to put up with these things anymore. Avernum starts to look more tempting.
Warrior
Member # 1586
Profile #29
Hmmmm. I actually didn't like Avernum - the movement was off putting to me - especially since I am very good at keypad movement. I got used to 2handed keyboard work via Civ and never looked back. the mouse work in Avernum made me grind my teeth in frustration. Perhaps I need to look at it again?

--------------------
Zarai n'Sharia! Mehkkti an khre shen mahkkti!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #30
You can go for full keyboard control with Avernum as well. Numpad for movement with the alphabetical keys for various quick talk, get, etc. buttons.

Geneforge, on the other hand, does need a mouse to play.

More on the subject, I should still have the original Exile on a floppy disk somewhere, now if only my computer still had a floppy disk drive...

[ Wednesday, June 06, 2007 02:04: Message edited by: Chicken ]
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #31
I'm profoundly grateful that the fact that my first Mac and first PC both came after the advent of the CD-ROM drive, thus making the vast majority of the software I ever acquired for either CD-based. Helps nostalgia ever so much.

And man...smaller spell list that's minus summoning and fields (my favorite ones), less friendly handling of locked doors, awkward item-information system....I'd never quite realized what phenomenal leaps in playability Exile III (the only one I played heavily) made.

I think I'm still hooked all over again.
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #32
Exile II (my personal favorite) had most of the gameplay advances that were missing from the original Exile. Doors that opened, fields, more spells... if you haven't played it, give it a try.
Apprentice
Member # 8854
Profile #33
I have the Trilogy CD. It's on the stack. But surely you don't want me to do them out of plot order? :)
Apprentice
Member # 4231
Profile #34
On a tangentially related question, does anybody have the (old!) E2 player character graphics in a lossless format? This topic had them, but in JPEG and against a white background so some people lose their white parts visually.

--------------------
Lifetime Spiderweb Gamer
and Fan of Classic Style Graphics
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #35
Here you go.

IMAGE(http://i19.tinypic.com/62z7ixg.png)
Apprentice
Member # 4231
Profile #36
Ooh, shiny. Thank you. I've always been puzzled why the guy with the brown robes and staff disappeared in E2 only to return in E3... he was one of my party members and I had to use a different one.

--------------------
Lifetime Spiderweb Gamer
and Fan of Classic Style Graphics

Pages