E1-Crystal Cave

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E1-Crystal Cave
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #0
Hey I've been looking around for the crystal to repair the cave, and somehow I've ended up eoth five. Could someone tell me where the locations for all the crystals, and if I need to register to get all of them.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #1
Yes, there's one across the chasm that you can only get if you pay for it. It's well worth the price though, I've been playing it for years!

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #2
Yeah I dont have the money to pay for it though. It sucks having to go without.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #3
I bet your Mum or Dad would give you it, in return for doing some household chore that they hate. Maybe offer to do the washing up for a month or something.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #4
Lying bastard

You don't need ****, it's all in the free game, omg I haven't played this game for years and years...old memories!

All right, 1st one is on a special on an island, hope you've found that one, it's easy as hell.
2nd one is a little west of that, search all the islands, and one has a walk through cave wall, which contains another quartz crystal. The third one is in a slith fort on an island, not the slith temple with a bunch of slith priests. Anyways, there's a boat in the fort, and you have to swim a little ways, and there's a passageway. Well, you can walk through that wall too. The fourth is in the place where there's a bunch of specials, and you fight the sliths and free the slaves. Trigger them all, and one of them a slave gives you the crystal. If you survive the Slith onslaught. The fifth is near there, go a little to the east, NOT FAR, but use your boat to get into the area. You'll trigger a special that says investigate or leave, investigate and you'll find the fifth crystal. The last is in an aranea cave northwest of your current location. You'll be taken to an area with a bunch of swamps, go there and search around for a hidden cave wall, which leads to an aranea fort. Once yu're in ,you'll want a light spell, and the crystal isn't in any hidden location. It's at the northwest side of the cave. Just go west immediately and kill all the aranea in your way, you'll eventually get it.

Hope that helped.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Please. That language is entirely uncalled-for.

(Anyway, there are actually 7 crystal shards to be found in the game even though you only need 6, since Jeff apparently messed up.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Anyway, there are actually 7 crystal shards to be found in the game even though you only need 6, since Jeff apparently messed up.
Thuryl! How dare you imply that Jeff Vogel is fallible. If he put seven shards in the game, he had a perfectly good reason for it, just like all the other things that make no sense in his games.
[/sarcasm]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Silly me. I always thought that was a deliberate design choice and rather liked the idea that the world is not dependent on a perfectly matches set of requirements and items that can fulfill them.

—Alorael, who sure was wrong.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
I don't see how it could be deliberate. I mean, how can there be 7 crystals that fit onto the broken bits in the crystal cave when only 6 bits were broken off? :P

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #9
Maybe one was replicated by magic (its own or external). Or there had been 7 broken off but one of them grew back (this would have to assume that the crystals are identical in shape and fracture since none of the seven can be useless).

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I don't see how it could be deliberate. I mean, how can there be 7 crystals that fit onto the broken bits in the crystal cave when only 6 bits were broken off? :P
What's wrong with this argument is that it assumes Jeff is always logical. It is possible he made an illogical deliberate choice.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
And does "logical" here mean "logical, because the game is realistic" or "logical, because it's easier for people to complete the quest?"

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
The hintbook only lists 6 of the crystals, though. It therefore seems to me that it's most likely that he just forgot about one of the crystals he'd already put in, and consequently added an extra one.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Sorry, I don't have the hintbook, so my information is incomplete.

While on the topic of illogical and logical, Dikiyoba only wishes Dikiyoba knew what Jeff was planning for the nest in Pentil woods of G1...
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #14
Hintbooks are too easy.

But aye, if I recall, isn't the seventh in the caves to the west of Fort Exile? Or am I confuzzling myself with E2, again...

Gods, it's been so long since I've played it.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #15
However, hintbooks can be good for occasionally relieving the urge to crazily lop your mishappen computer around the room.

--------------------
-ben4808
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #16
It is entirely logical that since Exile 1 is very early in Jeffs career, there are few mistakes to be made

--------------------