The Old Exiles

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Old Exiles
Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #0
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where i can find demo versions of the original Exile I and II (with the old graphics). Just wondering, as I would like to relive the good days of my Spiderweb career.

--------------------
^ ^ Izzannor lives again!
Say hello to my little friend!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Why one would want them is beyond me. :)

I don't think you can still get them anywhere on the web. You might try asking over at the Lyceum or Polaris...there are more people who are more venerate and may even have those files that they could send you directly.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
http://alec.desperance.net/e2/

http://alec.desperance.net/TERRAIN-E2.PNG

For all the original Exile II graphicy goodness you'll ever need. Editing them into your copy of the game is left as an exercise for the reader.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #3
I got a Exile I v1.1 for Mac. Tell me if you want it (with the old graphics and the one-move/action turn :D )!!!

[ Sunday, December 04, 2005 01:24: Message edited by: Slith Lord ]

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Apprentice
Member # 6523
Profile #4
Thank you very much. I'll drop you a line as soon as my mac gets an internet hookup (I have to use a lousy windows box now... Meh, at least it plays WCIII...)

--------------------
^ ^ Izzannor lives again!
Say hello to my little friend!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #5
I´m ready everytime you want. :D

--------------------

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #6
why are the old exile graphics preferred over the newer ones? are they more original?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Why do people buy antiques, listen to early music played on period instruments, or demand original versions of anything?

—Alorael, who still can't quite wrap his miind around the idea of E1 with action points. He still has an old version with one man, one round, one action somewhere, although he hasn't touched it in years.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

I got a Exile I v1.1 for Mac. Tell me if you want it (with the old graphics and the one-move/action turn :D )!!!
I'm intrigued. Send it my way. tomwatts (at) berkeley (dot) edu

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:

I'm intrigued. Send it my way. tomwatts (at) berkeley (dot) edu

I also have the old E1 and E2. I will be glad to send them to you :)

EDIT : do you have a mac or a PC?

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:02: Message edited by: Archmage Mycroft ]

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Mycroft:

I also have the old E1 and E2. I will be glad to send them to you [Smile]

EDIT : do you have a mac or a PC?
I would be interested in the original versions if you have them for PC. Contact me at m4dl33tskills@gmail.com.

EDIT: I typed my email address wrong.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 01:52: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
I have a Mac.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #12
Eh, I know Kel has the registered version, but you might want to be careful with just mailing them out. Perhaps just the graphics would be better.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Distribution of Spiderweb games (with a few exceptions) is acceptable and even encouraged as long as you don't distribute registration with the game. If you just send the folder containing the game, you don't share your registration. Problem solved.

—Alorael, who believes the only exceptions are Nethergate and BoE, both of which have separate demo and full versions, not registration codes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #14
Really? I've moved the games from my old computer to my new computer without having to re-enter my code. *shrug*

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
Registration information for Exile 1 is contained in the misc.dat file. If you transfer it without the misc.dat file included, you don't transfer the registration status of the game, so the receiver has to put his old misc.dat file in the folder to make it registered.

I'm not giving away any big secrets by saying this, by the way. It's all in the documentation.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 16:29: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

Can I have it too please? My email is B.J.van.Soldt@inter.nl.net. I'm glad that somebody still has it! I'm quiet anxious to see it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #17
Kel and Thralni, please do not wonder if I send every document of E1 alone, but in one mail. My mail program does not send that stuff in one piece, and I can´t zip that too, yet!

But you will get it! :D

--------------------