E2 and E3 loophole

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E2 and E3 loophole
Apprentice
Member # 6348
Profile #0
If you’re outdoors and there monsters nearby the can long wait (ctrl+w) without entering combat and still regain some HP and MP. At the beginning of the game this can be a great way to get lots of monsters nearby to fight. In E2 when I went with a single character this allowed me to get enough MP to be able to win. If you’re next to a city when doing this after you level up you can just walk in and train. :D

Out of curiosity is this a bug, glitch, or just really convenient loophole. :confused:

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by The Offspring:

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the disclaimer, that's right, the disclaimer

This American apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the lyrics that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time.

So protect your family. This album contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life. So, if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds dangerous, do not try this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't listen to it.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
It's a bug. Also, it only works on Windows. If you try it on a Mac, you get a message telling you that the Long Wait command can only be used in town mode.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
Convenient, though. I use rest to lure monsters to me. Well, maybe 'lure' isn't the right word, as I don't have bait. They just wander around, and they just happen to get close to you.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Apprentice
Member # 6348
Profile #3
Loophole bug

On occasion when I long wait with monsters nearby it says you can’t with monsters nearby. But it still thinks I’m in combat mode on gives me combat spells. When I go into town it still acts like I’ am in combat mode only closing and opening the game fixes it. :confused:

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by The Offspring:

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the disclaimer, that's right, the disclaimer

This American apple pie institution known as parental discretion will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm from the lyrics that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time.

So protect your family. This album contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life. So, if it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds dangerous, do not try this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't listen to it.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
I was wondering if there's also a long wait function in BoA?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
There's no reason for one, since you don't recover HP and SP over time when indoors in BoA.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #6
I hate it when outdoor monsters just run when you get your level high enough. I like the new system in Avernum where you get to choose whether to fight them or not because of Nature Lore.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider