Best 2 Handed Weapons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best 2 Handed Weapons
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Well, I recentally decided for my E3 party's main character to use two handed weapons instead of his Magic Greatsword. I'm currentally using two Magic Waveblades, but I'm often not doing much or any damage at all. Are there better weapons to use?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
Pump a few points into assassination and you should be doing enough damage...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Alien Blade and Flaming Broadsword? It's generally a matter of personal preference. Are you ambidextrous? If not, you're losing a lot of damage. Also, try blessing yourself before hitting anyone and watch the damage rise.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #3
I tend to use Slith characters (pole weapon bonus) with Steel Halberds. You can get them augmented to add flame damage etc, and they do a fantastic job.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #4
Personally, I like flaming steel waveblades, but those are expensive. Mithral broadswords also seem to be popular, although I've never used them much.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: More fun than a kick in the shins!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Alien Blade and Flaming Broadsword? It's generally a matter of personal preference. Are you ambidextrous? If not, you're losing a lot of damage.
Uh, Ambidextrous doesn't affect damage, only accuracy. There's no damage penalty for dual-wielding.

Anyway, everything else that's been said is pretty much accurate. To get the most out of dual-wielding, you need very high Strength (20, preferably), and you need to be blessed.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #6
if you use two weapons, with assassination, poisoned weapons and flamming enchantment on your weapons then technically you're hitting 6 times in a row. Add an avatar spell to that and you've got yourself an unstopable force that can hit 18-24 times a round, is blessed and completely invincible to damage of any kinds, including magic damage for a much longer duration than physical immunities (all granted by avatar) note however that such endevours are best left to single character parties, hehe, unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

Or you could just use the editor, of course.

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 17:31: Message edited by: Tutchbag ]
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #7
Imho i think that if you have assassination then the Alien Blade and a Steel Wave Blade (F!) is the best you can have. Without assassination, two Steel Wave Blade (F!)s, which is what my mages had at the end of the game, expensive though. My fighters had two Alien Blades, a Mithral Broadsword and 3 Steel Flaming Waveblade (F!)s between them.

Edit: Opps :(

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 19:30: Message edited by: edzgo ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by edzgo:

assanation
This mis-spelling makes this word sound much worse than it is. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
You can't spell "assassination" without "ass" and "sin".

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Asasanashun.

—Alorael, who has a much harder time removing "sin." Thou shalt not kill? Does that make asses okay? (Why isn't one of the Ten Commandments "Thou shalt not be asinine," for God's sake?)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Alien Blade and Flaming Broadsword? It's generally a matter of personal preference. Are you ambidextrous? If not, you're losing a lot of damage.
Uh, Ambidextrous doesn't affect damage, only accuracy. There's no damage penalty for dual-wielding.

Anyway, everything else that's been said is pretty much accurate. To get the most out of dual-wielding, you need very high Strength (20, preferably), and you need to be blessed.

You lose damage when you don't land a blow, burly Thurly.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
It's pretty easy to get your fighters' weapon skills high enough that you never miss, even with the penalty.

--------------------