Secret 2nd Alien Blade and Mithral Broadsword

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Secret 2nd Alien Blade and Mithral Broadsword
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #0
Everyone here probably already knows about them, but i finally found the secret alien blade and mithral broadsword hidden in the footracer province.
And i came up with a new tactic for character creation, i made all my guys sliths with no bad traits and all the good traits give you 242 xp per level, but my fighters were still level 50 by the end of the game, and my mages slightly less. I only gave my fighters str, dex, assanation and edged weapons, they only started with 6 health but improved very quickly and wasnt a problem.
My mage started of with level 6 mage and level 7 priest each, so you get 39 spell points at the start of the game. They are a bit hard to train at the start but they get 4 int they are fine, i was able to get major blessing before the roaches quest, made it very easy.
Dont bother training disarm traps, lockpicking, poison and luck, they are all useless, i could disarm every trap in the game except for one in goldale, including the one to rentar's quarters in the last dungeon with no disarm traps.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
That's almost the same way I play with more than one PC. Although I would generally put Sliths with pole weapons because they do more damage than edged weapons, and Sliths have an innate pole weapons bonus.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
Good job. They can be hard to find if you don't know where you're looking.

Am I the ONLY one who has a party of pure mage/priests/archers (each characetr is heavily trained in all three arts)?

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
I'd hardly call Luck useless. Once a character has 10 points or so of Luck, they're pretty much invincible, because an attack will almost never kill them even if they're at 0 HP.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
Luck is a pretty good stat to max out. That said, I have never gave any player more than 5 points, but it helps out in small ways. I usually just buy the luck charms x6 for my party off the guy in Shaydar or Krizsan...I can't remember which one. Or it may even be in Kuper.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
It's Krizsan. And I'm not sure that Lucky Charms in Exile actually increase your Luck.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #6
I remember using the editor to get max luck in all my guys, but i still think 20 str, dex, edge weaps, def and assanation is more worth it, being able to deal more damage is better than being almost invincible in my opinion.

A couple of other thing i found when i was playing the game through again. When you enter the Keep of Tinriya and Sharamik on diagonals from above you end up in strange places, in Sharamik you get a message about magical defences and end up in a little secret place. And in the Keep you end up at the very end of the dungeon, but you still need the key before you can leave, but you can go straight to the Vahanati section skipping everything else. Very useful if your going to the vahanati land and you dont want to go through the whole keep again.

I found a way to assanate Empress, not really any point, but if you cast protective circle from 3 squares away she ends up in wall of blades, it usualy misses but you can eventually kill her and keep playing as normal and go sit on throne etc. Plus, is it possible to get into the key item depot in Sharamik?

[ Friday, July 08, 2005 15:17: Message edited by: edzgo ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #7
Erika dies no matter how you play the game. There are not multiple endings...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #8
Yeah i just realised that. Opps.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Doesn't she survive if you don't get or activate her amulet? The ending is the same, but Erika doesn't die because she doesn't show up in the Keep at all.

—Alorael, who actually believes it might be easier without Erika, although he's never tried it. Major Blessing and Avatar guarantee that you can slog your way to the control panel, and more little summoned minions only get in the way.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #10
Erika definitely helps you. I found her to be a worthy distraction for Rentar, and she also blasted any of Rentar's minions to pieces, which got them out of my way. So yeah, get Erika. She dies anyway, and she helps you. It's how she would have wanted to die - fighting to protect Exile.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
The only difference of not having the amulet is that Erika won't blast a hole in the first wall of the Vahnatai cave you must travel through...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #12
Is it possible to kill Erika during that final battle? If you could turn on her and kill her, then go back to her tower, i guess you could kill her twice...