E3: Unregistered users can meet giants

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3: Unregistered users can meet giants
Apprentice
Member # 6048
Profile Homepage #0
I found out that unregistered users can still roam the giant lands south of Lorelei without ever passing by it in the first place. I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but here we go.

Go northwest of Sharimik to (204,258). Use the Orb of Thralni to fly east/northeast. Tadaaaa!!! Of course, the nearby towns and dungeons are still unaccessible to unregistered users, and there's still the North Barrier, but other than that, the giant lands are free to be roamed.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
I think it's already been mentioned... I used to do it, so it can't be that hard to find out.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Hmmm. I actually never knew that. I knew you could fight giants, but yeah...

Anyway, just failure to use the Orb.

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by kitkut:

I found out that unregistered users can still roam the giant lands south of Lorelei without ever passing by it in the first place. I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but here we go.

Go northwest of Sharimik to (204,258). Use the Orb of Thralni to fly east/northeast. Tadaaaa!!! Of course, the nearby towns and dungeons are still unaccessible to unregistered users, and there's still the North Barrier, but other than that, the giant lands are free to be roamed.

This area's pretty useless anyway if you can't enter the towns. They make up most of the story in this area. All you can do is Random Fighting. It's much better in the full version!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #4
I knew that a long time ago. It may be useless for some, but it's another way to gain experience in the unregistered version.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Michael:

[QB]This area's pretty useless anyway if you can't enter the towns. They make up most of the story in this area. All you can do is Random Fighting. It's much better in the full version!

- Archmagi Micael QB]
True, but there are those villages that you can rob and you can get some gold and a wand of them.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!