E3 Group

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: E3 Group
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #25
And to Lt. Sullist:
I'm not all that accomplished as a player and don't find the challenge in a singleton as exciting.
As said before, I play the scenarios as an explorer.
From long ago, I don't attack anyone, or any thing, unless it attacks me first.
On very rare occasions, you may destroy something valuable to the story line.
Lastly, in serious battles, six of you against six of them, there are six shots from one side, then six from the other. If it's six of them against one of you, they get six shots for ever single shot you get. A cavern with numerous Major Monsters must be a "lot of fun", eh?
me
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #26
No one ever gets tired of this question.

Okay, basic party:

1- Lasco (human fighter, some skill with Throwing Weapons)
2- Daggoth (slith fighter, some priest skill)
3- Mathuzar (nephil archer, bashing weapons, traps, lockpicking)
4- Solberg II (human mage, some archery skill)
5- Jango (human mage/priest, lots of Item Lore)
6- Michael (human priest, alchemy skills)

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #27
Thats a great party, Toenail.

[ Saturday, May 14, 2005 13:28: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #28
I'm too tired to tell if that's sarcasm or whatnot.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #29
Na I'm serious, that seems like a great party. Better than mine , at any rate. But incase your too tired to click on the link, I'll put them here and add their skills and advantages:

Jeneke: Human - Good with swords. Also great defence and throwing weapons was alright.

Thissa: Slitherazaki - Great with pole weapons. Exceptionally good with Magic Halbred. Great defence.

Fratch: Nephilim - Archery and bashing weapons were his best. Good defence.

Adrianna: Human - Mage. Level 7 Mage spells and level 6 Preist spells. Alright defence.

Crando: Nephil - Mage & Preist. Level 5 Mage and Preist spells. Alright defence.

Sliss: Slitherazaki - Preist. Level 7 Preist spells and level 5 Mage. Alright defence.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #30
Erggghhh... Still tired. Need to get some coffee.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #31
the names for mine where whatever they gave me exept adrinea( i changed that one) i had one fighter, one assassin, one fighter/mage, one mage, one archer and one preistthe races where all slith exept the archer a nephil

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #32
In the demo of E3 (no money to register E3 yet), I pulled together a very nice Anama party.

Priest skill all around, with PCs 1, 2, and 3 having sword, spear/throwing, and mace/archery, respectively.

Assassination was eventually given to the first three (who were mainly there to keep melee enemies from the other three).

Alchemy on PC number six, item lore given to #4, and #5 was used as a pack horse/healer.

Races were Nephil, Slith, Nephil, Nephil, Human, and Slith, in order.

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #33
I tend to mix up my names, but my party goes as follows

Slith Polearm Fighter
Human Ambidextrous Fighter (lockpicking)
Nephil Ambidextrous Fighter (archery)

Human Heavy-Mage (with Bless priest spells)
Human Mage (with Bless priest spells)
Human Priest (with Haste mage spells, eventually Alchemy).

I find 3melee/3caster the best combination. Also, (and this is moreso in Avernum) i find it of great benefit to have ALL casters able to Bless+Haste

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #34
My party:

Gorank-Slith (with flaming hand)
Erika II-Human (with red robes)
Prrrrrr-Nephil (with flaming hand)
Adrianna, Feodric, and Michael (from the original setup)
I give them all the good traits and no bad ones, and I use the editor to max out all their stats and give them all spells (It's not as unfair as you'd think. Golems are still hard as heck to get rid of.)

Edit: Sorry if I revived a dead topic, I thought the last post was in July, not June.

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 08:50: Message edited by: Gorank ]

--------------------
Dragons rule!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #35
I am so incredibly dull...

I have used the default party every time I have played any exile game unless it's a BoE scenario that comes with a custom party.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Apprentice
Member # 6078
Profile #36
Let me see, there was...

Edzgo Slith Edged Weapons
Odzjo Slith Bashing Weapons
Tungboo Slith Pole Weapons
Trojaz Slith Mage/Priest
Trojax Slith Mage/Priest
Lanfear Slith Mage/Priest
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #37
Singleton Slith, priest spells, pole weapons, assassination.

[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 05:14: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 2954
Profile #38
Sheldon - Slith (pole)
Ami - Slith (utility)
Skipper - Human (mage/priest)

--------------------
My party is but a singleton.
He has no friends.
Banished from the Empire on that basis.
His only friends he has are souls of:
- Ur-basilisk
- Vahnahtai Blademaster
- Vahnahtai Lord (Mage)
- Empire Dervish
Apprentice
Member # 1390
Profile #39
yeah i cudnt remember wut person did wut, so my names r kinda...generic

Name - Race - Traits
Pole Fighter - Slith - Melee
Edged Fighter - Slith - Melee
Mage - Human - Mage
Priest - Human - Priest
Archer - Nephil - Archer
Thief - Nephil - Bashing weapons, thieving, alchemy, item lore, and other random stuff

i beat ex3 a few times like that, and i think im gonna try a singleton now. for a new challenge

--------------------
Time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time - Bertrand Russel
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #40
Some people find Singletons easier ToeJim. Less gold cost meaning better items for the one person, less food, less leveling up meaning higher levels for your one character...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #41
Geez...I've made so many different parties it's hard to tell you all of them now. I can tell you my most recent party for BoE, which I actually like, and may remake.

1. Sean (that's my real name) - Fighter - Human - Grey Armor Man (NOT the one with the orange shield, the other one with the pike). Uses pole weapons and thrown missiles.

2. Laifee (just like that name, some shopkeeper in ND has that name) - Archer/Fighter - Nephilim - Nephil archer graphic. Uses bows/crossbows and edged weapons.

3. Sovashe (think of Sovash from OG&E, one of my all-time fav scens, with an 'e' added at the end) - Wizard/Priest - Slithzerikai - Slith with energy ball graphic. Uses mage and priest spells (duh!) (start out mage, gain priest along the way.)

4. Ashleigh (Like that new spelling of Ashley - is that what it is? And yes, I did in fact see that name here first.) - Priest/Wizardess/Alchemist - Human - Green robe mage. Start out priest, gain wizard levels along the way.

I seem to find archery/alchemy/thrown missiles useful, despite the fact that others don't. I think ND was made partially as a response to this.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Apprentice
Member # 1390
Profile #42
so about the singleton, how wud i want to start off my character? should i focus more on spells or fighting? and of course, if spells, mage or priest?
p.s. its actually toejam, from one of the best games ever, Toejam and Earl

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Jewels of the Forest:

I am so incredibly dull...

I have used the default party every time I have played any exile game unless it's a BoE scenario that comes with a custom party.

So have I. I just change the names.

ToeJam: I would start off on your health. That is very important. Just try and work your way up strength-wise.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #44
My advice: Never put a single skill point into health if you can help it -- you'll get enough from gaining levels anyway. Start with 4 intelligence, 1 dexterity, a reasonable amount of strength (at least 4, maybe up to 10), and as many levels in both Mage and Priest spells as you can get. Don't bother investing too many skill points in SP at this stage; you'll have enough just from the bonus you get from starting with spell levels. After level 1, train in Strength and one weapon skill of your choice. (Don't bother with Dexterity; seriously, don't. At all. Weapon skills are cheaper and you don't really need to use more than one weapon type anyway.)

Haste yourself for every fight. When it looks like you're about to be attacked in melee, bless yourself repeatedly so they can't hit you. Attack with magic at first, until your chosen weapon skill is trained to high enough levels to hit things. Use field spells like Wall of Force and Conflagration to do damage and protect yourself from advancing foes; they're almost as powerful as Fireball early on, and much more efficient. Don't be afraid to use Sleep Cloud to disable your opponents when you're outmatched.

[ Saturday, July 30, 2005 16:11: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 2377
Profile #45
Pole weapons are, of course, the most powerful, however, I think they're overrated. The most powerful pole weapon I've found is the magic halberd (damage 18-5). However, it's a two-handed weapon which, in my opinion, is an unforgivable disadvantage. My primary blade fighter (ambidextrous) has a flaming sword (10-1) and a cold bloodbane (20-5), giving me an overall max damage of 30-6, plus the flame damage from the flaming sword. Beats the magic halberd. Furthermore, if you miss with a halberd, you miss. With two weapons, if you miss with one weapon you still have another chance.
Bashing weapons are fine, but not as numerous as the edged weapons. The most powerful bashing weapon I've found is the brightstar(damage 9-5). When making scenarios, people just aren't as likely to make cool bashing weapons.
So for my fighters I'm all about ambidextrous edgers.
~Andromeda

--------------------
"...Perchance to Dream?"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #46
Don't forget that when you're dual-wielding, your opponent's armour bonuses are applied to each hit. This is especially bad against Doomguards, which are heavily armoured and split every time you damage them.

Also, note that this topic is about Exile 3. Party design strategy is a little different for BoE scenarios.

[ Sunday, July 31, 2005 20:41: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 1390
Profile #47
speaking of doomguards, **** them. ive found the best thing to do is just surround em with ur party, and put a force barrier on each side. theyre so annoying. any better strategies?

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #48
If you put them in fields like Wall of Flames or Wall of Ice they can't multiply.

--------------------

Pages