Exile III ending - need help with it

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile III ending - need help with it
Apprentice
Member # 4956
Profile #0
Hi - this is a question for anyone who has come close or has finished the game.

--- //// SPOILER ALERT! //// ---

Dont read on unless you value your game

Dont read on unless you value your game

---- ok, here is the question. I have arrived at the end of the game, and I am about to kill the Vanahati Leader, but I cannot find a way to kill him. He must be the most powerful creature in the game, including the dragons and Erika - :( it has been about 6 months or more since I have tried to beat the game, and kill all his minons in the surrounding area, but I cannot do it. Does anyone know how to defeat Rentar-Ihrno?
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
Hello this is an excerpt from somebody's walkthrough, I'd tell you who but I don't know.

quote:
The final challenge in Exile 3 is indeed a challenging one. This place is full of Vahnati, large and small. You'll have to fight your way through hordes and hordes of them, not to mention other tough monsters such as liches. There are four stairways you have to find, each with two or three buttons you have to press in the correct order. There is a stairway near every corner. The stairway near the 'Energy Flood Pool Thing' is behind a portcullis. The button to open it is in a room to the South. The Southeast one is behind a secret passage, in a lab. The barriears can be walked through. DON'T DISPELL THEM! You'll release Quickfire. This place has three buttons and they're all hidden. Now it's time for the final fight. This thing is extremely hard. Go into the center, past a lot of Vahnati Guards, and Rentar-Ihrno herself (She's invincible!) and get to the control panel. Rentar will teleport you away, but it will drain her. Go back again. If you've got Erika's amulets, you win. Otherwise, you don't. The way to go here is the spell protection, or Avatar. When you finally win, just sit back and watch the credits
Basically there are four energy pylons under the fort. that need to be turned on. -Like it says in the reading crystals. After you do this you fight your way to the control panel near rentar twice, erika appears, distracts rentar, and you can start a highly explosive process- Then you win.

I think that it may be possible to win w/o the amulet as well but I really don't know.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
It IS possible to win without the amulets, its just that she teleports you away a few times. Waht you have to do, is set the pylons to overload, then activate them using the control panel on her desk. Rentar-Ihnro is invulnerable, so you can't kill her, so basically you must sneak past her, using sanctuary, and activate the control panel. Then, just sit back and watch the credits!

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 4956
Profile #3
Sweet - thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it. Gl 2 u
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #4
Since it is possible to win w/o Erika, is Erika officially dead? I know that it is frowned on to have her in scenarios that are dated later than the end of E3, but couldn't a scenario based on this alternative ending use her? Sorry that this is kind of in the wrong forum.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
No, I think she still turns up. Having the amulets only means that you don't get teleported out even more times, having to face even more monsters. Not sure. But I think so.
Apprentice
Member # 5027
Profile #6
The same sort of problem happened to me.. i slaughtered all of the Vahnatain and Alien Beasts around Rentar-Ihrno. I put a circle of fire barriers around her. i have activated all the things on the higher levels and all the goo has accumilated. As i approach the control panel.. no matter what button i press all the goo runs off and it says i have done something wrong. I have the activated amulets.. but weird.. nothing happens

--------------------
Diplomacy is telling someone to "Go to Hell" in such a way, they look forward to taking the trip.