Thralni

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Thralni
Apprentice
Member # 4845
Profile #0
Greetings!
Does anybody happen to know who Thralni might be? Has there ever been a person with this name (in reality, in fiction, anywhere)? Or is it just the ExileCreator's invention?

--------------------
Words have meaning, and names have power.
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Hellus
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #1
In all likelyhood there has never been someone known as Thalrini in reality, nor fiction. It is generally thought that Jeff just made up names that he liked the sound of for everything.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
A quick Google search reveals nothing. All the links are to Exile/Avernum-related sites.

Well, except for this one, which is just really odd. It appears to be a recent (post-Exile, anyway) online D&D campaign using a number of "borrowed" city names, mostly from Exile, but also from Dragonlance. It has to be post-Exile, because they're using 3rd Edition, which came out in, er, 2000 I think, but certainly after Exile did in 1994.

Anyway, yeah, I don't think Thralni is anything, although Jeff has been known to take names from various sources: the crazed member of the Triad, Linda, shares a name with Linda Strout, Spiderweb employee, and the popular historical Empire general who had an entire province of Valorim named after him has Mariann's last name, specifically Krizsan. He also used South Park names in ASR in Zaskiva. I could go on. I won't.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4845
Profile #3
Thanks, FatBatMonkey! And Thanks, Kelandon!

Yes, I did the Google seach before asking this question ;) With pretty much the same result. which was the reason of the topic.

As for characters names: yes, I, too, noticed that some of them are taken from various resources (and some of these are explaned, like Krizsan, though others have no referrence, yet e.g. Londo and Delenn were easy to trace). Thralni seemed unfamiiliar and - very funny-sounding ;)

Again, thanks for the replies!

--------------------
Words have meaning, and names have power.
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Hellus
Apprentice
Member # 1903
Profile #4
Actually I remember hearing something about a person in ancient times with the name Thralni, probably not spelled the same. Otherwise I doubt so, probably just a creation of Jeffs, along with the orb.

(Sure been gone a long time, good to be back)

--------------------
Behind my stare, the secrets lie. Behind my smile, I softly Cry.

"Wait...so your telling me that Crystal Key wasnt the key to the Catnip Cabinet?"---Cheeseball
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #5
That looks alot like the Icewind Dale map. Especially with the names like "The Ten Towns."
Apprentice
Member # 4919
Profile Homepage #6
The name "Thralni" is only in Exile, but he might've taken it from somewhere else (I ran a google search on it).
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
This appears to be a wildly unnecessary topic revival. If a topic has been inactive for a good, long while -- more than a few days, as a rule of thumb -- and you have nothing new to add -- which you didn't -- don't post in a thread.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #8
An anagram of 'Orb of Thralni' is:

Oh, a born flirt!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #9
Yup, you may have thought you were revealing hidden insights, unknown to any up until that point. But no. Pretty much everyone has done a google search on it by now.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
Hi hi. Thralni replying on a topic about Thralni.

Anyway, I know him only from Avernum/Exile. It's the guy I got my username from.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice how old this topic was...

[ Saturday, January 28, 2006 03:48: Message edited by: Thralni, Nephil translators & co. ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #11
Is this a record for a dead topic revival?

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
I was searching on Google for Thralni (I wondered if I would see my website appear), and I saw this topic. I decided to reply, only to notice how extremely dead and burried this topic actually was.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
Apparently some boards did not get purged.

Anyway, this thread is so old that FBM was actually FBM. ;) Or, to put in in prespective, I'll bet it was started while my post count was still less than 100.

[ Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:06: Message edited by: ben12C8 ]

--------------------
-ben4808