Gemstones

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Gemstones
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #0
Do you use gemstones? Sell them? I don't know what to do with them...What Do You Do?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=cncgStLIBtBd"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=cncgStLIBtBd"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Gemstones--They're so troubling..
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
You can use gemstones to make wands and throwing crystals. Recipe list (obviously a spoiler). If you aren't interested in those, then you can sell them.

Dikiyoba usually saves them up, then sells them when Dikiyoba runs really low on coins.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #2
I think I've said this before, but I've found wands to be all but pointless, as they're always less powerful than the spell itself, so I only ever use them when the spell isn't available, and then only rarely since the wand spells aren't very effective anyway.

Plus, I find enough of them lying about, anyhow.

Plus, the ingredients needed to make wands tend to sell for more than the wands. No need for the forge!

The thrown gems in Geneforge are nice, though. I just wish they weren't so costly to make on the forge. I think if I'm making throwing stones on the forge, then I should be able to get several out of them, not just one.
Warrior
Member # 1041
Profile #3
I never forge anything consumable. Characters in Geneforge are capable enough without needing the temporary boost provided by items.

Maybe a suggestion for G5 is to have items that do things that spells can't.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #4
Forging is overrated; the only times I forge a single thing are when they're artifacts. Even then, I don't go overboard with it, and my first few runthroughs I didn't forge a single thing.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Forging is overrated; the only times I forge a single thing are when they're artifacts. Even then, I don't go overboard with it, and my first few runthroughs I didn't forge a single thing.
Not for me, I like to forge at least the three best artifacts in the game(Shapemaster boots, Gloves of Sav, and Cloak of Shadows) and sometimes I forge Legs of Tyrant, and there are a couple of other useful things, like per say...Talisman of Might, (+4Str!)

Let me tell you my servile load out:

Cloak: Cloak of Shadows(Spine enhanced)
Sword: Puresteel Soulblade(Slow enhanced)
Ring: Forbidden Band(Stun resist enhanced)
Belt: Girdle of Life(Acid resist enhanced)
Armor: Drakonain Plate(Magic resist enhanced)
Neck: Talisman of Might
Shield: Quicksilver Bulwark
Gloves: Gloves of Savagery(Harder to hit enhanced)
Leg Armor: Legs of the Tyrant(Harder to hit enhanced)
Feet: Quicksilver sandals(Stun resist enhanced)

I loved him :)

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Executor Xel'Raga:

quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Not for me, I like to forge at least the three best artifacts in the game(Shapemaster boots, Gloves of Sav, and Cloak of Shadows) and sometimes I forge Legs of Tyrant, and there are a couple of other useful things, like per say...Talisman of Might, (+4Str!)

Let me tell you my servile load out:

Cloak: Cloak of Shadows(Spine enhanced)
Sword: Puresteel Soulblade(Slow enhanced)
Ring: Forbidden Band(Stun resist enhanced)
Belt: Girdle of Life(Acid resist enhanced)
Armor: Drakonain Plate(Magic resist enhanced)
Neck: Talisman of Might
Shield: Quicksilver Bulwark
Gloves: Gloves of Savagery(Harder to hit enhanced)
Leg Armor: Legs of the Tyrant(Harder to hit enhanced)
Feet: Quicksilver sandals(Stun resist enhanced)

I loved him :)

Impressive

--------------------
Gemstones--They're so troubling..
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #7
Yep.. 15 Ap when sped up, 3 attacks 200-275 dm each, with QA doubling almost every time(I had 16!), 225 x 6 = 1350 damage capability per round.

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!