Unlockable Drackon Story!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Unlockable Drackon Story!!
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #0
A unlockable side story where you play a powerfull, arogant, Drackon that rules something. You have your own palace that provides you with labs and things so you can make your own creation army. Includes spawners, vats, suppressed Dryaks, the set. :D

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 29 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=jngDwghjnXwA"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=jngDwghjnXwA"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
While having artistic value, I think I would prefer Jeff get the main storyline of GF 5 finished earlier.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #2
Oooh. The return of the nature-loving drayks, the dryaks! Too bad since they radiate heat, all of nature's boon turns to ashes. Such a sad life.

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #3
It would make sence if you play a powerful arogant shaper that rules something :P
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #4
Maybe after another couple decades' worth of games, when Jeff is senile, we'll have a Geneforge RTS. Not now.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #5
Maybe we can have some sort of Being John Malkovich sort of scenario, where you get to place yourself inside of any npc you wish? Such as Khyryk, for example? Or... who was the woman who got hooked on the canisters in G3 and ended up being kidnapped? I wouldn't mind playing her -- post kidnapping -- even if I am a guy.

Or Shaila, the one who went crazy. Yes... that's the one I'd want to play.

...Except that she's too paranoid to leave her caves. It would be kind of limiting to play her, madness or no madness.

Actually, in the Geneforge games I always end up playing a woman anyway, since the agents (and, in G4, the Infiltrators) are the most powerful.
Apprentice
Member # 5540
Profile #6
Ok, so I'm not big on the whole playable Drakon thing... but I am a huge fan of unlockables, which you don't really see in The Geneforge series.

I think you should earn something for beating the game that you can use in your next play-through.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #7
I, however, think the whole unlockable thing is nothing more than a foul plot to waste my time on a game I've already beaten. Want to make someone waste 3X the time on Diablo 2? Make three different levels which are exactly the same except "harder" (I put harder in quotes because you're using a more powerful character, so harder is just relative).

If there's one thing that consistently irritates me about video game makers is when they use silly gimmicks like that to extend the life of their product. If you have some kick ass character class available, just let me play it, don't make me waste 10 to 20 hours using a less interesting class in order to use the more fun class.

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Apprentice
Member # 17415
Profile #8
Diablo 2 was insane like that, I actually though the final playthrough was insanely easy, I was already around Level 95 and breezed through the thing in a couple days.

But anywho, they also did this in Bladur's Gate Dark Alliance. You have to beat the game and "Guantlent Mode" on hardest difficult to unlock Drizzt Do 'Urden, or some name like that.
Then once you did unlock him, while it was fun in the first act or so to kill everything yuo meet in one hit, it got boring.

--------------------
It's a lonely thing floating out on the sea.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
Gimmicks suck. Just look at this place.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - a heart on a string that's about to be cut.