Cant open a door in geneforge 4. Quessa Uss.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Cant open a door in geneforge 4. Quessa Uss.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #0
There is a door in the room you battle salassar in in Quessa Uss. The door is to the Northeast. Normally i wouldnt pay attention except there is someone behind it. If anyone knows what i am talking about or how to open it please post back.

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
There are several doors in Quessa-Uss that cannot be opened. They are there to give the impression that Quessa-Uss is a huge complex, of which you are only seeing a small portion.

Interestingly, the Quessa-Uss script mentions a captive Gazer, but there is no way to find it in the game. Perhaps it is what lurks behind that unopenable door.

From z69quessadlg.txt:

quote:
begintalknode 31; // gazer
state = -1;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_ok(32) && get_attitude(32) < 10 && (gf(69,23) == 0 || gf(69,23) == 5);
question = "special";
text1 = "The drakons have imprisoned a gazer here. Probably a rogue or a damaged creation. When you get close to it, it struggles to escape. The magical field holding it in place wavers and fades.";
text2 = "It screeches, _We! We! We are free! The eyes will see their revenge!_";
code =
set_attitude(32,11);
clean_off_particles(32);
bless_char(32,2);
force_char_status(32,1,16);
break;

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Jeff mentioned this a long time ago. There was originally going to be access to that gazer, but he decided to wall it in when he locked the door for good.

Edit - I got bored and found the topic with Jeff's reply.

[ Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:13: Message edited by: Randomizer ]