Evolving creationl.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Evolving creationl.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #0
it is simple. i have never been able to evolve a creation and i dont know how. if anyone can help please message me back.

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #1
As you gain experience, some of it goes to your creations. Eventually they gain levels, and you can spend their skill points to enhance them. Unfortunately they take up more essence when you do that. But they still get more powerful as they gain levels whether you evolve them or not, so keeping creations around for a long time can still be a good idea.

Hope this helps :)

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #2
i kinda knew that. how do you EVOLVE them

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #3
That is evolving them...

Edit: I see where you were confused. I believe you were expecting macroevolution, whereas evolving creations is simple microevolution. Anything larger scale belongs on the wish list.

Yes, I wish you could charge creations or something like that, but it's not possible.

[ Friday, February 22, 2008 20:52: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #4
Do you mean making, let's say, a cryoa instead of a fyora? Or turning a fyora into a cryoa after it's been created? Or turning a fyora into a roamer after it's been created? Be more specific.

For the questions I said: For the first one, click on create creation button, then, if you have enough shaping of the required type, and a skill of 3 or more of the creation, there should be a plus sign in one of the bottom corners, which if you click, turns it into a variant (which could be considered evolved) form. For the second and third one, it's not possible. Also some creations and creation variants, such as rotdizoins, golems, brutal thalds, unbound, and others, are not available to you in the game to shape.

[ Friday, February 22, 2008 20:57: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #5
i am talking like evolving a drayk into a cryodrayk

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #6
Ratt: I think Shaper Markis kinda knew that, too.

Edit: Never mind, I think you covered all the possibilities.

[ Friday, February 22, 2008 21:04: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #7
how do i evolve my creation. its that simple. i know the EXP and the stats and the shaping skills needed

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #8
Other than what The Ratt and I have said, I'm not sure what you could mean.

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #9
like turning a cryoa into a drayk. or a fryoa into a cyroa. like that

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #10
You can't do that. The 'evolve creation' feature in the game is simply boosting the creation stats by spending their skill points and your essence. That's it. You can't turn a fyora into a cryoa, or anything like that.

You can always just absorb your fyora and put the regained essence towards creation of a cryoa, then tell yourself you just upgraded the original fyora. Avert your eyes from the screen during the moments when the fyora is disappearing and the cryoa appearing. Then rename the cryoa to have the same name.

Seriously, the boosting abilities feature seems to have been included just to make the option of keeping creations throughout the game a bit more feasible. Judging from some reviews and postings I have seen about the games, quite a few players get emotionally attached to their first little pets, and never absorb them or let them die. By evolving them you can end up with a fyora that fights like a drayk by the end of the game, for roughly the cost of a drayk. It still looks like a fyora, that's all. It can even be an effective strategy. I once beat G1 with a pack of highly evolved Terror Vlishes, who were quite able to defeat Drayks and Glaahks. Then Terror Vlishes got nerfed in subsequent games, and it was all about getting to Gazers.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #11
oh ok. nevermind.

--------------------