Baton servile

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Baton servile
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #0
Hi i was thinking about making a servile singleton that can only use a baton (crystals are acceptable too). For that i would put most points into missile weapons (maybe up to 20 or something). As anyone ever tried to do something like this? is it effective? What kind of spells should i use to support myself? (battle magic is out of question, blessing is a must, and healing craft too to some degree, will mental magic help me?)

I've just finished the game with a pro-shaper, canister free infiltrator with 25 in battle magic and 15 in spellcraft, so I'm kind of a magic dependent freak right now :P
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Delicious Vlish strongly recommended a baton/missle weapon approach since submission and later reapers will be as devastating as melee weapons if you raise missle weapons and dexterity. Crystals are sometimes overlooked, but they need only 3AP so they can provide an extra attack or two even when not hasted.

Mental spells are a must since daze, strong daze, charm, and mass madness will keep groups of creations from attacking you.
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #2
i was just thinking, what type of damage do batons deal? thorn baton is obviously physical, while the acid and venom batons are probably 50% magical/50% physical. I'm not sure about the submission baton, i thought that maybe it had a bit of magic too, and I'm blank with the reapers.

Forget about mass madness I've seen all endings except the canister free pro-rebel, so unless anyone tells me how that ending goes, I'm not gonna use a single canister.

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 04:09: Message edited by: Nur Ab Sal ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Venom and acid thorns do physical damage, but they cover the target with poison and acid. Submission thorns do physical damage and stun the target. Reapers just do a lot of physical damage.

Dikiyoba likes submission batons the best. Stunning is really nice when you're hasted and a safe distance away from the target.

Edit: Typo.

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 08:10: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #4
in case anyone cares (which i doubt), my baton servile has reached illya by now. He can deal around 55 damage with venom batons with 8 in missile weapons. Using 2 icy crystals and one regular attack in a turn can be quite devastating (i dealt ~110 damage to Shaila with the crystals and ~50 with the baton, therefore killing her in 1 turn) The servile's endurance and daze also helps a lot. It's going better than i thought.

EDIT: does anyone know where the first acid baton appears?

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 08:46: Message edited by: Nur Ab Sal ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
There's one in Rocky Point (in the northwest corner) and another in Eliza's Bunker (near the thahd).

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #6
well I'm off to rocky point then, thanks (I probably shouldn't go near Eliza for the time being, with all the pro rebel stuff and all...)
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #7
meh ended up without ammo before i got to moseh, probably due to bad management, so i decided to edit scripts :) (i love doing that). Now batons didn't need ammo, but i was still bored so i decided to make a living tool that acts as a weapon and shoots reapers out of fun, needless to say that made me get bored even quicker :( oh well... better edit more scripts to check the possibilities, thanks a lot Jeff for giving me the opportunity to wreak havoc among the people of terrestia ^_^
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
...hmmm. Batons that don't need ammo.

The simplest edit yet, and I can't believe I never tried it. For somebody like me, who goes crazy if he has to conserve his primary offense, that would make playing a missile-based character fun again.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8542
Profile #9
just delete the "nº of charges"
also, delete the nº of charges of crystals as well and... well you know what will happen (3 attacks unhastened, resulting in catastrophic damage every turn, especially with madness and torrent gems)

[ Sunday, July 01, 2007 02:14: Message edited by: Nur Ab Sal ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #10
Meh..
Just put (it_ability 58;) under a weapon name and poof! You get an unlimited Reaper Baton-like weapon..

PS: Parentheses not included..though the semi-colon is..

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..