Is it wise to...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is it wise to...
Apprentice
Member # 8677
Profile #0
Is it wise to enchant Guardian Claymore with Ethereal Bindings for Life Drain or maybe with something else?
==
Currently have : Blessing Crystal, Ethereal Bindings, Steel Spine, Tiny Orb of Mist, Ivory Skull, Runed Amethyst.
Note : My character have low hp due to reduced endurance by gruesome charm.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
There's probably no 'correct' answer but steel spines are my favorite, personally.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 8677
Profile #2
You know, it's not about correct answer i need advise. Is Life Stealing useful and helpful overall ? or maybe steel spine is more useful... or should i wait for Golden Crystal (which personally i'd prefer to enchant my armor)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
I'd really recommend waiting for a golden crystal if you're going to actually be attacking with that claymore; it makes your melee attacks much stronger. (On the other hand, if you're to be using your melee weapon primarily as a melee weapon rather than a stat-booster, the Oozing Sword or Viper's Touch is a better choice anyway.) Life drain gives you so little HP that it's almost useless, and there are enough golden crystals in the game that as long as you only put them on equipment that you plan to use for the rest of the game, you don't really have to worry about "wasting" them.

What kind of character fights in melee but has low endurance, anyway? Are you a shock trooper or something?

[ Saturday, May 12, 2007 04:44: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #4
It depends how low the endurance is. You can use the girdle of life to negate the penalty our you can pump endurance to 7 and survive with 5 endurance. +2 intelligence is like 60 essence man!

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
Apprentice
Member # 8677
Profile #5
I'm not quite sure whether it's that low I've 30 level and about 200-230 HP.

==

Where can i find that Oozing Sword or Viper's Touch and what it's benefit?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Oozing sword is hidden in the Warded Sea Caves if I remember correctly. Viper's touch is a reward in Burwood area.

Check the links for Synergy's item list for an idea of what is available and when.
Apprentice
Member # 8677
Profile #7
Inside which location is that Warded Cave?

BTW. Is anywhere available a G4 map ?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #8
Sea Caves are underground north/west of Dillame. One way to reach them is through the trapdoor in the north east corner of Rocky Point.

I'm not aware that anyone has done a map yet.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #9
Just wanted to chime in and mention that if Oozing Sword is anything as powerful as it was in GF3 you will totally rock after slapping a Golden onto it. About the only enemy that will give you trouble are the Rothgorths. Whip out the Lightning Sword (or Viper Sword, I guess that one's Poison instead of Acid?) and mince those suckers!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #10
quote:
...if you're to be using your melee weapon primarily as a melee weapon rather than a stat-booster...
Well, I use the Guardian Clamore as a melee wepon because the stat boosts is better than just flat out attack power. For the Guardian Clamore.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #11
quote:
About the only enemy that will give you trouble are the Rothgorths.
I think the sword is physical damage+ acid splash so the rothgroths only resist about 50%.

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.