Matala

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Matala
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #0
What's the best way to kill him/her?

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Read Synergy's Insidious Infiltrator and Thuryl's Shocktrooper and Lifecrafter threads for ideas. It's a long fight and usually involves some abuse of the AI. Be sure to destroy the regenerationg pylons and turn off the vats before starting the fight.

It depends upon your character. A single character has trouble unless you can do massive damage per round. Melee attacks usually curse you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I could give more specific advice if I knew what class and build you were, but here goes.

Be sure to find and destroy his restoration pylons before you attack him. He's most vulnerable to magical damage, so wingbolts and gazers are your friends. Watch out for the drakon at the end. Really, it's just a matter of bringing enough essence pods and healing spores to stay alive while you slowly wear him down.

The cheap way to beat him is to surround him with creations so he can't run away to the next part of his complex when he's taken enough damage, but that's no fun.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks for the advice. I'm playing a warrior with ranged shaping backup, currently a gazer and a drayk. I don't really have a huge essence pool to play with at the moment. I'm around level 34. I'm thinking I'm gonna go around elsewhere and come back when I'm stronger. I'm sure a skilled player would have no problem with him in my position, but, alas, I suck.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
If you're playing a warrior, it's quite simple. To kill Matala, just clobber him. He will die eventually. If you always die first, go away and come back when you're stronger. The warrior game is quite straightforward that way.

Edit: Personally as a Warrior I wouldn't use so many skill points on creations, I would have bought more endurance and parry.

[ Monday, April 23, 2007 09:48: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You should be able to do it. The drayk has unlimited missle attacks and the gazer can be saved for the summoned rotgroths and the drakon at the end. Keep attacking to keep Matala in motion with plenty of wrack and essence shackles.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #6
You mean those spell things have a purpose? I thought they were for decoration. Other than heal, that is.

--------------------
--------------------