Radiance

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Radiance
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
What the heck is Radiance (Undead-Bane)? Several items have it, but I was never able to see any effect from it, and Jeff didn't answer my question about it. There aren't all that many undead monsters in the game, actually.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
it's supposed to be a bonus versus undead, I'm guessing some increase in damage. I'm trying it out now on the road to the Forgotten Ones. Using all 4 items and it doesn't seem to be significantly better.
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #2
In the same spirit, what is the vampiric touch? Some kind of damage bonus to the living creatures?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
I thought it was sort of like Life Drain from Avernum. Drains the life of the damaged person and gives it to the wielder.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
It works like Life Drain, but unlike Avernum's Life Drain I haven't been able to get much value out of GF4's vampiric items.

—Alorael, who thinks that this is due to a number of factors. Geneforge has always emphasized ranged combat and GF4's changes don't completely undo that. Playing a lifecrafter makes melee even less appealing. And very importantly, there is no Thirsting Blade.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
The "regenerating" life drain item enhancement in G3 actually worked quite well for a melee-based PC. I guess that's gone the way of the Emerald Chestguard, huh?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
I used the artifact greaves, thirsting knife, and gauntlets that all had vampiric touch together. You don't always get a drain. The amount seems to be the total of the numbers and it can happen when you use essence shackles and other non-damaging spells.