Perfecting items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Perfecting items
Apprentice
Member # 2737
Profile #0
A book I read in the Purity Vats strongly suggested that Mandrake Tincture and Demon Bile could be used to Perfect Shaped items. So I took the Shaped Breastplate I got from Alwan, some tincture and some bile to the mines. Tincture + bile + breastplate did nothing. Tincture + bile produced purifying elixir, but elixir + breastplate did nothing. What am I doing wrong here?
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
There are no artifacts that start with a perfected breast plate, which may be why you can't perfect it. Try using the elixir on a belt, shoes, or a shaped fiber cloak.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Schrodinger:

Try using the elixir on a belt, shoes, or a shaped fiber cloak.
Don't forget gloves. The Gloves of Savagery are the first really good artifact you can make.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 2737
Profile #3
I wasn't trying to make an artifact, just get some nice armor to wear (and enhance with the orb of mist).
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #4
Sadly, perfecting gear doesn't improve their stats. They give just as much armor as their shaped counterparts.
Apprentice
Member # 2737
Profile #5
Graagh. I really need to keep better track of my items. Not only have I apparently disposed of every set of shaped gauntlets so far (and I can't get them in Camp Gamma), I've somehow managed to mislay my Blood Poison. I really hope I didn't mistake it for a runed ruby and sell it.

[ Tuesday, April 03, 2007 06:27: Message edited by: Fade ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #6
You can't sell the Eight Artifact ingredients. You could drop it somewhere. You may have never picked up the Blood Poison. if you don't walk far enough into the room in the Dumping Pits which contains it, you might miss grabbing it entirely. You might want to go back and check whether it's still there unless you are certain you already had it.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt