You know when you lose your keys........

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: You know when you lose your keys........
Apprentice
Member # 7857
Profile #0
Yes you've guessed it I managed to lose something...well to be more precise the Deep Focus Orb. Yes I have been back to where I picked it up and tried to follow my trail to see where I might have put it and no I can't find it anywhere.

The one thing I know I haven't done is sell it!

Anyone got any ideas as to how I might find it? Could be a long night looking again, mind you I can't go out as I've lost my keys......

Thanks in advance to any useful suggestions that don't include buying spectacles!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Well, it is unsellable. Try splicing it in as a reward for some random side quest.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 7857
Profile #2
Sounds great but I am afraid that I wouldn't have the first idea how to do that.......is there any way I can view the "history" of where I have been?....

Just about finished the game, only Titan to deal with and I thought that a pair of shapemaster boots would come in handy hence the need for the deep focus orb...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
And you've checked any and all stashes of items for it carefully, right?

Well, if you are that close to completing the end of the game, you could easily go without. It's probably more hassle then it's worth to find it at this point in time.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 7857
Profile #4
Still in the process of checking everything that I think I visited after picking up the orb. Ho hum I suppose it means a few more adventures prior to meeting Titan.

Thanks for your suggestions though.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #5
Well, you should always have just 1 cache.
Always move it when you get to new secure Rebel/Shaper fort (it depends on whether you are shaper or rebel).

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
Well, each area can only hold a finite amount of items, after which they start to disappear. It's something like 200.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 7871
Profile #7
i did the same thing witth the Legs of the Tyrant! ack! i got them confused with some other greaves i think! I might have accidentally sold them rather than misplaced them. The one thing you could try is like someone said already: only keep ONE cache. Then i keep my gems in one pile, my magical ingrediants in another, my batons and thorns in another.

The other thing: isn't it the exact same picture as one of the charms? Is it possible you have it still but thought it was a charm and not the orb?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Lennyhipp3:

The other thing: isn't it the exact same picture as one of the charms? Is it possible you have it still but thought it was a charm and not the orb?
Yeah, now that you mention it, it looks identical to the Shielding Trinket. Good catch.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!