Oh, so the Shapers are more ethical, are they now?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oh, so the Shapers are more ethical, are they now?
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #25
Okay...Ghaldring's family members were killed or something?
Did you meet him back in G3.
I should buy that Trilogy...I really do not get half of the things you guys talk about,and considering all these big words and long paragraphs,you guys are like uh...cool nerds,yeah,cool nerds. :)

--------------------
R.R
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

Retlew:
quote:

From what I have gathered in the last three games Drakons are all shaped/grown into existance and emerge physically adult. I don't know if it is even possible for them to reproduce biologically.

Lilita mentions that Drakons are no longer shaped, as they find it offensive to their species. Drayks and Drakons now reproduce naturally.

I'll have to check this out but I think she only refered to drayks in that comment.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Retlaw May:

I'll have to check this out but I think she only refered to drayks in that comment.
I'll save you the trouble:

quote:
begintalknode 30;
state = 15;
nextstate = -1;
condition = 1;
question = "What sort of creations might you make?";
text1 = "_Not drayks and drakons. They have insisted that they reproduce themselves through more biological means. Not gazers. They are too independent and unpredictable. And rotghroths are disgusting and hurt the morale of the other forces._";

[ Tuesday, March 20, 2007 23:47: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #28
I must say I think this deserves to continue. Where does it say that drackons are born adult? Ssure you've never sseeen any drackon children but does mean we don't have children? It iss entirely posssible that we keep our children hidden from you curropting flesh creatures.

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Warrior
Member # 7764
Profile #29
You never see any human/servile/drayk children either for that matter.Where could they have gone?

--------------------
I have a karma of 2!Yay!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #30
I believe the reason why there are no children is because they were evacuated to the safe continent when the war began.

More prosaically, if Jeff included children, the psychotic players would just go around killing them, which is probably not something to be encouraged...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #31
There is one child in the series, a young servile in, I think, Geneforge 2. But yeah, situations where you might end up killing children isn't really Jeff's style. Unlike Fallout, in which there were no less than 8 fully animated death sequences for the children. Not to mention plenty of incentive to blow the little bastards away. That game did fairly well for itself, Jeff should note that more violence is rarely a bad thing.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #32
I know! Add children but make a certain death thing if you attack them. Or make them invulnerable with no attack so that you can destroy a town and only the little orphan children are left.

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #33
Neverwinter Nights all over again...

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Unlike Fallout, in which there were no less than 8 fully animated death sequences for the children. Not to mention plenty of incentive to blow the little bastards away.
And then they had to be removed for the European version, breaking a couple of quests in the process.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!

Pages