Wonders of the rebellion.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wonders of the rebellion.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #0
I was in Northforge citadel,and i was by the tiny machines by Jared,i looked in one,and it had a strange text..."you peer through the eyepiece and see a bit of flesh on the circle. it looks ordinary at first.
Then as you watch the view it moves closer to the meat. and closer. and closer A bit of drakon scale fills the view. But then,amazingly you look closer still. The device magnifies the skin so you can see every tiny detail. you see the skin is made of countlesss tiny sacs...blah,blah" Does anyone know what i am talking about?
if anyone does,please explain it to me,it sunds very interesting...

--------------------
R.R
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #1
Yes, these are in every game and are the premice for the canisters and geneforge. The sacs are your cells and the tiny intertwined "scrolls" are your DNA/genes, hence the name Geneforge.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
Here is the original thing from Genefore 1

"You look through the eyepiece and see a blur. You fiddle with the knobs and buttons. When you do, something astonishing happens.";
"Your view zooms in on the servile's hand. Then it moves closer, so that you can see tiny details of the skin. Then, using some sort of unfamiliar, optical magic, it zooms in much farther.";
"You watch, stunned, as the tiniest, most imperceptible details become clear to you. And then you see it. It looks like a pair of scrolls, amazingly long, spiraling into darkness.";
"The scrolls are twisted around each other. But instead of writing on paper, the scrolls are the message themselves, a long message in an unfamiliar language, in an alphabet of only four letters.";
"As you concentrate on one section, you focus your attention. With a single directed thought, you change one of the letters. Then another. If you wanted, you could completely inspect and rewrite the scrolls in the servile.";
"Finally, dizzy, you step away. That was strange and marvelous. And yet, you had never learned anything of it before. Why hadn't the Shapers taught you about it?";
"You look through the eyepiece again. It is just as strange and amazing as it was before.";
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #3
so you are looking at...something that has been changed my the geneforge?

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #4
No you are looking at the individual cells, like a microscope. Except they are scrools tristed around each other, spelling out the way it was made and how to re-create it and/or alter it. Or that at least is how I understood it.

Edit: Also it should be noted that it was originaly the shapers who made this, and the ever so wonderfull canisters. But they were to weak to handle the power, so they sealed it away on Sucua island, and tried to forget about it, fools.

[ Monday, March 12, 2007 18:46: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
The twisting scrolls are strands of DNA. For those of you who don't know, sections of DNA, called genes, determine traits like eye color and height. In the Geneforge world, genes also determine your skill with magic, shaping, etc. Replacing genes with different ones makes you or creations different. The Shapers use magic to change genes and so create new or better creations, but it's mostly trial and error. They don't know exactly why it works, they just know that it does. The rebellion has these instruments to see exactly what genes they are modifying, so they have an edge over the Shapers and can modify living organisms through canisters and geneforges and develop new breeds of creations with fewer attempts.

Dikiyoba now wonders how long it would take for canister-addicts to start searching for a gene to prevent aging if they weren't involved in a war. After all, what's the point of all the power if you're just going to grow weaker over time and eventually die?

Edit: Clarification.

[ Monday, March 12, 2007 19:24: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #6
Mmm...steroids...nice.

I never played the other geneforges...can i get some information about what happens,or as you guys call "spoilers"?

--------------------
R.R
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #7
Reading some of the old threads will give you "spoilers" but it is much more fun to play the game.

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #8
3 games will cost a lot for me. :(

--------------------
R.R
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #9
Well, you can get a trilogy discount, can't you? Nalyd forgets. Check the price page.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #10
Yes,that is right,i think i'll buy them in the trilogy after i understand this game a bit more,i want to find out everything,as much as possible if not everything.

--------------------
R.R