Partners and the beginning of the game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Partners and the beginning of the game
Apprentice
Member # 449
Profile #0
Okay, you may be able to say there are some slight spoilers coming up in this message, but they involve what happens at the very start of the game so it's not really much of a spoiling :D

Anyway...

At the beginning of the game, I'm wondering if it is at all possible to get through the starting areas with both your partner apprentices still alive? Is there any way at all to get them to get through alive and make it to the first "town" with you, or are they programmed to attack certain monsters and die absolutely on the way?

If it is possible to get them to live, does it affect the story or text much at all?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Their deaths are assured. They don't make it to Southforge one way or another.

—Alorael, who also made the amusing discovery that the enemy creations will go to absurd lengths not to kill you. Apparently they're very picky.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
If you cheat horribly, like me, it is possible to get Tyrol all the way to the Citidel. Magda will sprain her ankle like the useless servile she is and will not make it no matter what. Either way, the game continues to act as if they died on the way there, so it doesn't really matter. Don't bother trying.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Attack those creations enough and you can get killed, especially the kyshakk or the shaper raider in the southeast corner. The only ones that you can successfully fight are the thahds near the gates and sometimes you get the deathblow and experience.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Luring the betas and thahds in the southeast corner over to Greta so she can kill them is pretty fun, if rather likely to get you killed.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 449
Profile #5
Okay so it follows a certain script for them no matter what you try to do or how lucky you may get (or cheat even). That's what I was trying to find out, thanks a bunch.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #6
And talking about game partners, is there any npc that may join our party? Just like Alwan and Greta in G3.
I have found a girl in poryphra ruins, helping me in the shaper side, but when I played as a rebel nobody aided me...
Without considering the soldiers in Azirap obviously.

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 13:59: Message edited by: Dark Mage ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
There's a servile named Khur in Illya Safehouse who will join you if you've received the quest to kill Moseh and have at least a moderate pro-rebel reputation. He's honestly not that great; significantly weaker than a levelled-up cryoa or vlish.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!