Deleting files.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Deleting files.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #0
anyoen here know how to delete the save slots you do not want?

-damien
someone tell me how to do it,they get it my way,and do it quick...

--------------------
R.R
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
There isn't a good way to delete saved files. You can overwrite them with new data either through playing the game or copying blank files from a version where a game hasn't been saved. When copying files you have to remember that the first slot is save0 and that quicksave is save18 and autosave is save19.

If you use up all your slots, the game starts saving in the first slot when you don't specify a slot.
Apprentice
Member # 8219
Profile #2
I've been having trouble transferring my saved games. I initially registered the game on my laptop, which is where i started playing. I would REALLY like to use my desktop, however, but every time I transfer the files over, the game doesn't seem to recognize them.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Are you using a different operating system on your desktop, by chance? Dikiyoba set the game to run in a different compatability mode once and it failed to recognize Dikiyoba's save files afterwards.
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #4
Under Windows, I go into the directory Geneforge is in, double-click Data, then the save directory I want to delete and remove everything except the "temp" file. Works great. :P
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Adama:

I've been having trouble transferring my saved games. I initially registered the game on my laptop, which is where i started playing. I would REALLY like to use my desktop, however, but every time I transfer the files over, the game doesn't seem to recognize them.
If you're talking about Geneforge 4 under windows, it's worth noting that different from GF1-3, the user's save games are now stored in the My Documents folder and the ones in the Programme Files don't appear to do anything.

[ Friday, March 02, 2007 23:41: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4