Creations

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Creations
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #0
Wouldn't it be great if we could make creations with no limit?
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #1
That would ruin all of the fun.
Also,how can you control so many creations all at once? It is a big stress on shapers/lifecrafters,and when you can't tend to them very well,they go rogue,so you would have nothing but a field full of rogues.

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #2
And considering that the game is turn based, in large battles you could wait for ages before it's your character turn again...
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #3
I, for one, would be at least somewhat amused if one had too many creations, they went rogue, and killed the PC, as long as that led to an ending something like, "One of your drayks eats your head."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
It would actually be fun to be able to have more than seven creations at a time, but I think it would throw endgame balance way out of whack. Shaping would just be a matter of getting enough essence to throw an endless stream of gazers, drayks, drakons, and wingbolts at every problem.

—Alorael, who happens to think the end of the game would be incredibly difficult but also hilarious with several hundred essence spent on a very, very large army of thahds.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Viz.:

It would actually be fun to be able to have more than seven creations at a time, but I think it would throw endgame balance way out of whack. Shaping would just be a matter of getting enough essence to throw an endless stream of gazers, drayks, drakons, and wingbolts at every problem.
Honestly, I don't see that happening. Even when I played through with that shocktrooper who pumped Intelligence into the mid-20s (giving her a whopping 1022 essence) and left no essence in reserve for magic, I could only get 6 wingbolts -- 7 would have been possible if I'd gained another level or two (or neglected to give them +2 Int, which would suck), but anything more than 7 was out of the question. I suppose one could have an army of 13 drayks by the endgame, but at that point drayks are starting to get pretty fragile.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
The number of creations you can make should be dictated by double the average of your skill points in the three Schools of Shaping.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
That would actually just come out to 2/3 your total number of points in shaping, and it would slightly reward spreading out skill points rather than putting them all in one skill. It wouldn't make much difference, really.

—Alorael, wh did not find the limit especially restrictive, as Thuryl has pointed out. Better creations are more useful than more creations. Still, that thahd horde is so tempting...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #8
An unlimited army would be way too abusive. Agents could merely create 25 fryoras and stand back and cannon the enemy.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #9
It would be fun to make a sea of bobbing Eyebeasts and cover the map with them, just to have the nice effect.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.