Experience stopped going up

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Experience stopped going up
Apprentice
Member # 8104
Profile #0
Ok. Im level 29, half way to level 30, and my experience stopped going up. I quit... left for a day... and still nothing. Is this a glitch? A rule? What gives?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
You don't get experience for killing much weaker monsters, so if you are only fighting much weaker monsters, that could be the problem.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
My guess is that you are running a single character with no creations. In the Fens you really start noticing that you get nothing for killing some creations. It gets worse. The quest experience becomes important.
Apprentice
Member # 8104
Profile #3
The creatures im killing arnt much weaker.... in the first half of lev 29 (29000 to 29566) i got 20 exp per... then zero. And it is in the fens. I have 3 dryaks with me. Any more thoughts?
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #4
Maybe if you could be more specific -- what creatures are you killing without the reward of experience, exactly? In many areas, 'spawned' creatures exist that give no experience when killed; alternatively, it might be that creatures you don't think are much weaker are actually much weaker.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Apprentice
Member # 8104
Profile #5
In the fenz creatures continue to appear at some of the exits. I gained about 2 levels killing them, got through my 29th level, and then it cut off... I went to other zones, and still nothing. I dont remember spacific names, but they were varients of roamers and clawbugs (the roamer explodes). They were giving me 20 exp, but then just stopped. Hope thats spacific enough. I guess if nothing else tonight ill go back to southeast terrestia and see what happens when i kill things there, but any thoughts/help is most welcome.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
If I remember correctly, some of the creations in the Fens are pre-placed and some are created by scripts. The former give experience and the latter don't. You've probably killed everything that gives experience because all those critters start out closer to you, and now you just have to deal with worthless leftovers.

—Alorael, who thinks this is the time to start killing everything as fast as possible to save yourself time and irritation for no reward.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
The spawned creations in the Fens actually do give experience, but most of them stop giving XP around level 30. It's not a bug. The experience system in G4 is designed to encourage you to keep exploring new areas and discourage you from sticking around in one area to level up.

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 16:42: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!